Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Funny thing happened to my F650

Old Doug ยท 2018-05-24 22:04

I had hauled a load of scrap in my Ford and was trying to make it back to pay the guy that i had got it from before he left.I was going flat out as fast as a dared go 60mph when all the sudden all hell broke loss there was dust smoke and something red comeing out from under it on bothsides. It was vibrating and had a terrable noise comeing from under the cab. I clutched it and thoughts of the clutch sticking out the bellhouseing or the transmisson haveing parts comeing out a big hole went through my head. It rolled to a stop and i got out to look under it and there was the red towel that i had put around the park brake handle to help seal the torn boot wraped around the drive shaft.

Replies3
  1. #1kenh2018-05-24 23:31

    And then the waves of relief washed over you!

  2. #2Old Doug2018-05-25 23:00

    I was 5 miles from were it happened today on the rute i take and spoted a part of red towel. Made me start laughing all over agin.

  3. #3farmerlund2018-05-26 13:07

    sounds like one of my favorite tricks. Tie a big zip tie through the u joint under cab. tape loose end to shaft. when it gets up to 20-30 the tape lets go and the zip tie slaps the bottom of cab. LOL