Which one is better for a Grader application? Regards, WILDCAT
Which one what? Laser, GPS, Robot?
G'day Lumberjack, The system that I am looking at putting on my grader is called 'HardWire IT' which allows me to hire any system that my client needs. So if my client requires GPS, Laser or UTS I would have that flexibility. The quote from Trimble has come in under Topcon, both running the same amount of warranty. But I feel that the Trimble supplier has better back up service. However if there is anyone that finds Topcon more versatile please let me know. Or does anyone have the opinion that one is more operator friendly than the other (Topcon vs Trimble) Regards, WILDCAT
I recently (as in two days ago) bought my first GPS system for general layout/survey for myself. I went with Topcon because the dealer was repeatedly and wildly more responsive than the Trimble or Leica dealers and has a reputation for being a good dealer to work with long term. Regarding user interface, my assumption is that for me, starting out, it didn't matter who's UI I went with, they all have their ups and downs, it's primarily what you get used to.
Around here it seems that topcon has the biggest share of the market. We have it on 1 Grader and 2 dozers. It will he within a tenth or so with a dozer. The Grader is set up with the mm/gps system which will get within 1/4 inch , but is very temperamental to get calibrated right. I’ve also used Trimble in the past and it was a good system too. They are both relatively operator friendly and are a good tool to help boost productivity.