Sorry, beginners question: I don't get my recently bought but quite old Galion T-500 grader in reverse. Anybody knows how?
It won't go into reverse, or you don't know how to put it in reverse
The linkages were very worn on my old galion so getting it into reverse sometime took a couple tries to get it far enough left, but I have since fixed that problem now it slides right in
Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. The issue is the latter. Have no idea where the reverse gear is found. Operating in the kalahari in northern Botswana and nobody around here as any clue. Could you send a diagram of the layout of all the gears. Would be much appreciated. To the the right of the gear stick the is a taller lever that moves only forward and backwards, I'm guessing this is a high and low ratio thing? Thanks very much for the help
Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. Would that be all the way left then forward or backward?
Hi, 'IF' I remember right it's left forward.... haven't used the machine for a month or so, mine is a different model than yours but may be similar. does the linkage feel 'tight' or do you feel lots of slop/clunking when moving the stick left to right?
feels very loose or sloppy as you say. Have tried this and still wind up moving forward!