Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

gallion 503 l valve boots

mcf enterprises ยท 2024-12-26 23:28

where can i find new boots for the control valves on my 503 the tire lean valve leaks really bad from time to time

Replies9
  1. #1crane operator2024-12-27 08:39

    Can you show a picture of them? The galion control boots on the cranes are notorious for leaking, and boots are available for them.

  2. #256wrench2024-12-27 09:05

    If the boot is physically good, the leak is probably deeper. Most boots on hyd control valves are only to keep dust, dirt and water out. The spool seals( o-ring or quad seal) keeps the oil in.

  3. #3Clyde Hathaway2024-12-27 19:48

    I will send you the part numbers for the boots and rubber rings under them tomorrow.I get them from Komatsu, They can not look them up but if you tell them the numbers I send you they will get them. Hard to believe but that fixes it. Sun coming thru glass is hard on them, not to mention the years, Ha!

  4. #4Clyde Hathaway2024-12-28 12:42

    Komatsu part numbers: Boot = 59276A Ring = 21924R1 Fits my 1976 Galion 503L with detroit 353

  5. #5mcf enterprises2024-12-29 21:57
  6. #6mcf enterprises2024-12-29 22:01

    mine is a 1968 503L also with the detriot

  7. #7crane operator2024-12-29 22:02

    Those look just like the crane control sectors, I get boots and seals from contractors crane in houston. From the looks of the other ones, I'd order a few, so you've got extra's on hand when you need them. Buy Broderson & Galion Crane Parts Supplier | Contractors Crane Co. Buy quality Broderson & Galion crane parts from Contractors Crane Co. Reliable replacement components, expert support, and nationwide shipping. contractorscraneco.com

  8. #8Clyde Hathaway2024-12-30 15:30

    These boots I posted the numbers for are identical to the ones in the post from MCF Enterprises. 2.5 inches tall and held on by the same rings shown in the picture, upper and lower. Thank you, Crane Operator, for the tip on supply as yes, they do not last. They have a rubber ring under the pot metal piece with the two half-inch head bolts. I coat them up with blue silicone when assembling as it can leak there making you think it's the boot.

  9. #9mcf enterprises2024-12-30 22:50

    thankyou i will work on that and go from there