Never even heard of one until I was flipping through the Northern Tool catalog today. It uses gasoline and oxy. What caught my eye was "will cut 14" thick steel for up to 10 continuous hours". That and the price tag- $2900.
LoL, I've never heard of one myself, and doubtful I could stand the heat generated by cutting 14" steel for 10 continuous hours.
Well good. I thought it was just another of the myriad of things I've never heard of and...you have. lol http://www.petrogen.com/
That is interesting for sure. My grandfather used to have some old gasoline blow torches, me and the brothers used to light em up and mess around with them, surprised now that we didn't blow ourselves up. http://www.blotorches.com/
willie I thought you had saw everything!!! lol i have been around these torches before they will cut very thick steel cheaply compared to acetylene. alot of the scrap guys use it, gas is easier to get than acetylene also!!
Hey, at my age, cheers me to hear about something I don't know about FSERVICE.
You will see alot of heavy rescue companines in the fire service carrying oxy gas torches. One thing I have read is the gas has to be VERY fresh in order to work well. Never ran one myself but I know many fire dept guys swear by them. Here is a nice article on them for the fire service. Trbo http://www.fireengineering.com/arti...-the-trade/gasoline-oxygen-cutting-torch.html