Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gates mobile crimp 4-20

John V · 2025-02-15 17:43

Does anyone here have one of these, the digital dial version? I just picked one up used and the controller light/buzzer that is supposed to tell you when to stop pressing is erratic. I replaced the battery, no change. So I took the cover off and the linkages don’t look quite right. Perchance anyone could take the cover off theirs and share what it looks like? Thanks, John

Replies3
  1. #1MarcusZ19672025-02-15 17:57

    We use Parker here, but here is your manual. https://www.gates.com/content/dam/gates/home/knowledge-center/resource-library/operating-manuals/ecrimp/mobilecrimp420safetyoperatingmanualdigitaldial.pdf

  2. #2MarcusZ19672025-02-15 17:58

    If the link don't work.

  3. #3John V2025-02-15 18:33

    Thanks. Unfortunately nothing showing the inner workings of the controller. It just lists it as a complete part number. After tinkering with it awhile, it seems to be a temperamental ground but having a look inside someone else’s would be helpful to make sure no parts were misassembled or wore out.