Hi everyone! I am excited new owner of Gehl 223. It has small Yanmar 3cyl diesel. I will being using machine on hobby farm. My soil is rather sandy and rock free. It is what I presume to considered easier to dig. Anyone have any pearls or insight to anything with machine? Would love to hear back. I would like some optional buckets. Can anyone give some direction for this? Is every manufacturer different or any universal standards? Do Bob Cat or Case or kubota or Cat all fit? It seems Gehl, Neuson, Wacker, Mustang all connected. Is Gehl dying? No parts? MiniEx no more? Bad move to get this machine? Approx 2300 hours on machine and some hydraulic leaks to chase down. If I am wanting to spruce up machine, should I be chasing parts ASAP before parts are not around? Machine has been outside a lot, but I will be able to keep inside now. It will have a pretty chill life with me so I want to replace some wear parts on it but all in all, does not seem too sloppy. Also, I cannot decipher VIN plate. If I post photo, do you think any of you know? Year? Etc? I don't know who to reach out to? No Gehl dealers. I sent email to Neuson because that is actually the name on VIN tag.
Also, any favorite mail order places for Gehl OEM parts? Lastly, the blade has side extensions on each side. It's missing one. I am guessing no longer available. Or maybe? Any good used part-out type places I might find used blade or side extensions?
Generally Wacker makes good product. Check hydraulic hoses and tighten or replace. You should be able to find a hose dealer (Parker) that you can remove the hose and take it down to them and they will make you a new one on the spot. Looks like it's really a Wacker Neuson 2203 excavator (2008 - 2011)
Thanks! As I search more, I find old advertisement dating back to 1988 of Neuson 2203 on company timeline promoting VDS tilt function. Looks like same exact machine almost. Looks very close to Wacker Neuson ET 18 as well. I guess rebadged for a couple years with Gehl? Looks like the Yanmar engine should be well supported with parts. Are you saying Neuson Wacker likely uses Parker style fittings and crimps? I am still trying to learn these things and its confusing because multiple standards. I have old Case and Snorkel equipment that will need many hoses. I have a nice hyd press in shop and I think you can buy just the crimp dies and use a press? But I need to learn more and figure out which brands use which standards. Sure be nice to streamline to one standard if that is possible. Our History | Wacker Neuson From the founding in the year 1848 to today. Learn all about the milestones of Wacker Neuson! www.wackerneuson.com Tracked Conventional Excavator ET18 You too can benefit from the most powerful drive system of its class, comfort and efficiency: get information online about the tracked excavator ET18. www.wackerneuson.com
Look up the nearest MFCP Motion and Flow Parker Store. There are a few locations in Denver. If the hose is leaking or the fitting is bad, remove the hose and plug the fittings to avoid drips and getting dirt in the hydraulic system. Then bring the hose down and they will make you up a new hose while you wait. Call first to confirm this. There are other competitors too. Hoses usually cost $50-$120 ea with fittings depending on length. They will have the right fittings for British metric or whatever it is. Then just attach the new hose. If you need to replace multiple hoses, be sure to number them so you know where each one goes. If the routing is all over, tie a line to one end of the old hose, so you can pull the new one back through. MFCP Location | DENVER-COMMERCE CITY, CO 7030 E 46th Ave Dr, Ste C Denver, CO 80216 303.289.2722 Phone - 303.288.6772 Fax Mon-Fri: 7:30am - 5:00pm