Does anyone know what the normal operating temperature ( coolant) that these things run at. Temp climbs to 210 when operating and when I drop it back to idle it drops to about 170. Everything in the coolant system has been replaced including the head. I can't seem to find anything on it anywhere. The only thing I have found was operating temperatures for the thermostat which says it doesn't fully open until 203f.
V2203 engine. Never seen anything with a thermostat over 195, and 180 was the old standard. I would guess 210 is just fine if you are working it and the ambient temp is fairly high, as long as it stabilizes there. 240 is cooking, 250 was always my red line number, when it hit 251, if it didn't cool when unloaded at a fast idle it was time to shut her down. Just my two cents.
v2203 running hot Had it out this morning about 70 degrees. Ran it for about an 1.5 hours temp climbed to 250-260 dropped it back to idle and it cooled down. Seems to me that she's running a bit hot. Anybody got any ideas?
Any chance the fan got put back on backwards? Sometimes it's easy to do, they still move air but usually a lot less.
Just double checked it and it's on correct. I'm at my wits end with this thing
Getting any excess smoke? Thinking overfuel. Anything unusual happen prior to the heating problem beginning, or did you inherit the problem from another owner?
As you guessed I inherited this problem. I was thinking about the overfuel issue. It does have some black smoke at start up and for a little bit after and under heavy load. How do you check or adjust the fuel flow?