Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 332 code for joystick not centered

Hay hauler ยท 2014-08-13 23:34

Hello, I have a 2008 Deere 332 that has been working great for me. However, I parked it a few nights ago after operating it with no problems and the next day I went out, fired it up, and I get a code for the x-axis on the right joystick. Message center reads "right joystick not centered." I love technology don't you? My hydraulics are locked out and I cannot move the machine. I'm not liking the idea of dropping a grand on the joystick base. Joystick sensor, solenoid or a relay possibly? It's just frustrating that it was working fine when I parked it then nothing the next time I climbed in. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks

Replies9
  1. #1Jim Dandy2014-08-14 20:34

    I don't think this is it but thought you might give it a shot. My 332 began cutting off right after you started it. The computer was shutting it down. Finally out of frustration I pressed the red parking brake switch and held it down and that fixed it. Mine was showing around 4 codes and JD dealer said that they could have been old codes that weren't erased. Any how try pressing and holding down the red parking brake switch.

  2. #2k452014-08-14 20:44

    My 325 has done that a couple of times and just moving it around a few times cured it. Maybe some dirt or something was holding it a bit off-center?

  3. #3partsandservice2014-08-15 19:38

    As an electric joystick wears sometimes they no longer hold center on their on. You can likely get it to work for a while longer by holding center then starting engine, after this the ECM would just recognize the off center as an input.

  4. #4Hay hauler2014-08-17 22:55

    Hey guys, thanks for all the input. I tried all the suggestions given and didn't have any luck. I also removed it and disconnected/ reconnected the electrical connections. I cleaned the surface of the sensor and the base of the joystick...nothing. I guess at this point I'm going to have to call my John Deere tech. Maybe he can clear the code and recalibrate the joystick. I don't know. I hate handing out a thousand bucks for a new sensor. I guess that's just the cost of doing business. Thanks again

  5. #5Hay hauler2014-08-17 23:03

    I mentioned in my first post that it was working fine and then the next day it wasn't working at all. Come to think of it, it was a used machine, and ever since I've owned it, the tilt and rollback on the loader have been jerky. This is my first skid loader so I'm comparing it to the function of my farm tractors where the loader functions are as smooth as can be. Is this jerky movement common with these electrical joysticks or could that have been a warning sign that it was trying to go out? Thanks

  6. #6Duster2015-09-03 10:14

    Can you tell me how you resolved your " RH joytick not centered" problem? Same thing happened to me. Hauled my CTL332 1000 miles from PA to MO ranch in closed air ride box van. Worked fine when I loaded it. Got there and could not move due to code RH joysick not centered. Did not have test/ repair manual. Got JD dealer service to drive out 130 mile round trip. Replace entire joystick assembly. Calibrated new $1700.00 joystick. Now works fine. Total bill is$2455.00. Never again! I need the service/repair manuals. Anybody know if these joysticks can be rebuilt or exchanged. Too costly for what they are. Help please.

  7. #7BrentM2023-02-16 12:12

    Hay Hauler, my 328D has this problem on the right joystick. I assume you solved this some time ago, can you provide us details on the fix, cost, etc?

  8. #8mg23612023-02-16 12:17

    Welcome to HEF Brent ! Hay Hauler hasn't been on HEF since 2016. Doubt you will get an answer. Start your own thread with the machine serial number, codes, if any, and a detailed explanation of the issue at hand.

  9. #9BrentM2023-02-16 17:33

    Will do thanks.