I have a gehl 4640 skid steer that I would like to use the auxiliary hydraulics on. I've never used them before (bought used). I got everything hooked up and went to engage the hydraulics but nothing worked. It's got hand foot controls and when trying to engage the hydraulics using the right joystick, the linkage will not move. It feels as thought the valve is seized. I lifted the cab and realized the wiring was unplugged to the hydraulic valve cylinder. I plugged it in and it caused the skidsteer to die and pop circuit breaker 1. Also, manual linkage would still not move...feels like it is locked. Please help!
Sounds like you may have bad solenoid(s)... They control the flow to AUX FLOW, on quite a few machines, today. You can check that they are getting the correct power, but if one or all are bad, will do as you describe...
Looks like it controlled by the cable, the cable is probably sized up from lack of use. Remove the end from the auxiliary spool and see if the spool moves by gently pressing in on it with a pry bar of some sort. Or one the cable is disconnected see if the handle will move. You could probably remove the cable and lube it up or buy a new one. Not sure what the deal is with the wiring, time to trace it out and check for bare wires or bad connections I would think
Thanks for the replies! I pulled off the solenoid that is attached to the valve. It is a lockout solenoid since cable now moves freely and plunger activating valve. Storm started so did not get to test with machine on. I will try bench testing solenoid but really hope it is still okay other than the bare wire.