Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

gehl skidsteer locked up

cheyenne ยท 2014-03-13 22:15

While plowing snow I needed a break to get warm. Parked machine in front of house, set brake & let idle while I went inside for 15 minutes to get warm Come back out flick brake switch off & it won't go forwards or backwards, try to move it & it stalls out the engine :bash Locked up tight Any one know what it could be :Banghead.........Thank You...Cheyenne

Replies5
  1. #1bill onthehill2014-03-13 22:20

    Sounds like my Gehl when the hydra-lock is engaged. Check your seat bar as it serves the same function as the switch and both lock out all functions.

  2. #2cheyenne2014-03-13 22:35

    Mine has been disconnected since I've had it....I think, because I've never used it & never had a problem before, But that was the first thing I checked, No go...........

  3. #3cheyenne2014-03-13 22:39

    All other functions work fine..........

  4. #4bill onthehill2014-03-13 22:52

    If you have the auxillary hydraulic connectors check that the foot pedal is centered.

  5. #5cheyenne2014-03-15 13:40

    .....All better.....Yesterday I went out & poured 5 gallons of boiling hot water down the foot plates that were packed full of snow & let it sit overnight because it's warming up...Went out this morning & fired it up & everything works fine......So something froze up..........Just proves, Don't mess with Mother Nature..........You can't win...........