The power bobtach on my S250 stopped working yesterday. I found the pins to be free and well lubed, checked all fuses, checked power to switch 14 volts, (while running) before rocking the bobtach switch I checked the two outgoing legs and they both have 6-8 volts on them, when I would rock the switch over to up or down the voltage would slowly climb up to 14 volts on the multi-meter. Also with the hoses removed from the bobtach cylinder I have no flow while rocking the switch. The only way I have been able to switch attachments on the machine is to take off one hose and pull the manual levers up to disconnect, then put the hose back on, and hookup, and when I curl back the attachment the pins will go down and engage. I pulled the spool valve out and checked it, it was clean and moved freely. Any help in troubleshooting would be appreciated. Thanks.
I forgot to mention, same day I switched into hand controls and they wouldn't work and error code 32-67 comes up (switch flipped while operating). The foot controls work fine though and while in foot controls the error will not show. If possible it would be great if someone could elaborate on the aforementioned error code. Thanks a lot!
Welcome to HEF ironman96. :drinkup The 32-67 code is simply a code that the ECU noticed the hand/foot controls were switched during operation, it should go away on re-start. As for the power bobtach, did you remove the solenoid cartridge on the bobtach manifold at the charge pump? Until you get this sorted out, simply disconnect the hoses to the bobtach cylinder, plug the hose fitting with #6 JIC male plugs, and remove the cylinder. Now you simply use the manual levers to lock and unlock attachment.
Its possible your hyd pump may be dying. All the crap from the pump dumps right into the Bobtach control valve and jams up the spool. Deadend an aux coupler and check hyd pressure.
I removed the valve at the charge pump, everything was clean and moved freely. Just got the #6 JIC caps put on today. I will check the hydraulic pressure. As for the 32-67 error code, it comes on every time I try to go into hand controls, and the hand controls will not work. As soon as I flip back to foot, the code goes away. Thanks
sounds like one of the hand controllers is bad, or the pivots are worn or loose. as for the pwr bobtach valve, if the valve cartridge is free and not stuck and if you have voltage going to the solenoids with the switch rockered, ohm out the coils, one of them may be bad. :drinkup
I hope this is the right place to put this. I've been lurking on here for years and the quality and knowledge of the posts is some of the best I've seen on any forum. Thank you one and all. I'm trying to run down a Power Bob-tach nonop condition. Was just checking the switch and it's working okay, but noticed the voltage into the switch in the 2.9 to 3.1 volt range. That sounds like at least part of my problem. Where is that voltage coming from so I can go look for corrosion?
Sorry. T190
Pilot error. That's what I get for being lazy and trying to get ground from the ROPS holddown stud. Ran a clean line from battery negative post and getting battery voltage at the switch. Time to dive into hell...