Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

GEITH EXCAVATOR BUCKET TEETH

DripCo ยท 2026-05-16 11:25

I HAVE A GEITH MX6HD036 BUCKET, SN 455961. WHERE CAN I BUY REPLACEMENT TEETH FOR IT. ANY CLUE WHAT THE PART # MIGHT BE. I'M LOCATED IN S.E. INDIANA. IS THERE A LOCAL DEALER? TIA

Replies10
  1. #1John C.2026-05-17 19:56

    Geith made the bucket but not the teeth. Can you post a photo of how the teeth are attached to the shank so someone can tell you who manufactured the tooth.

  2. #2digger242j2026-05-17 20:56

    From the HEF Rules: "Posting in ALL CAPS is prohibited. Members in violation will receive one warning, after which any further posts in ALL CAPS will be removed." That's because it's long been considered "shouting" and bad "netiquette. It's certainly one of the rules we aren't often called upon to enforce, so it may not be at the forefront of anybody's mind when posting. Thanks in advance for your future compliance.

  3. #3Universal Parts2026-05-18 04:04

    Yes, please send a photo showing how the spade teeth connect to the shank, and measure the length and width of the mounting holes for the spade teeth. I will find the correct method.

  4. #4DripCo2026-05-18 09:20

    Sorry for the all caps thing. Didn't realize I was screwing up. I found some numbers on 1 of the teeth & I've added some pics

  5. #5Diesel Dave2026-05-18 09:35

    also post a pic of the tooth retainer ie: a single piece or is it multiple pieces.

  6. #6Welder Dave2026-05-18 15:02

    They look like they could be teeth that use flex pins. There are several brands of aftermarket. https://www.hltooth.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/202.2017cs-Flexpin-Identification-Sheet.docx-1.pdf

  7. #7DripCo2026-05-18 17:03

    Think I found them at H&L Tooth out of OK. They were very helpful. Thanx for all of your inputs.

  8. #8John C.2026-05-21 21:53

    We called those horizontal pinned teeth and there were a couple of different style pins. The Cat style used a real heavy split washer that sat in a recess in the shank. The pin was pounded the split washer to retain the tooth. As I recall the other type was the Hensley style pins that looked like to half pins held together by a piece of rubber that was bonded to each half. You just pounded that pin in with a hammer face that was bigger that both the pin halves. What I would also suggest is the measure the length of the shank from the pin hole to the end. Then measure the same distance inside the tooth. They should be pretty close to the same. You can also check the new tooth fit to the shank. The shank should touch the end of the inside of the tooth so there is some impingement before the big part of the tooth contacts or gets tight on the back part of the shank. The two usual problems with worn shanks and teeth are the tooth will get dirt in the tooth pocket and then get forced away from the shank bending the retaining pin until it breaks or is deformed so bad the tooth falls off. The other problem is that some types of material will pack the tooth pocket so hard the tooth won't come off at all. I have had to pound ripper teeth off with a big sledge hammer. I have a piece of tooth as a souvenir from one of those misadventures.

  9. #9ExcavatorPartsVincent2026-05-22 00:43

    Good that you found H&L. One thing I would keep with the machine records is the tooth, retainer and shank measurements together. The bucket maker and the tooth system are often different, so the useful checks are the casting number on the tooth, pin direction, retainer type, pin diameter, shank width and height at the pocket, and the distance from the pin-hole center to the nose of the shank. If the shank is worn, a new tooth can look correct but still rock, pack dirt in the pocket, bend the retainer and then disappear in the pile. I also like ordering a handful of spare pins/retainers with the first tooth set. A cheap retainer can stop the job just as quickly as the tooth itself.

  10. #10HarleyHappy2026-05-22 07:28

    I have a chipped front tooth. Whacking sideways on a tooth, trying to loosen it up, to get the pin out. Crap breaks and goes flying. Used to have that issue with my tongue sticking out of my mouth sideways, trying to direct the sledge. Lessen learned, keep my lips shut, when whacking!