Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

General question about pins & bushings

Trisr ยท 2013-06-21 21:11

I have a general question about pins & bushings on the hydraulic cylinders, bucket linkage, hoe, etc. for John Deere backhoes. Do the bushings or pins usually wear out first? If there is some play, is there an easy way to tell if it's the pin or bushing or both? Or do you have to take everything apart to see? Thanks in advance!

Replies2
  1. #1El Hombre2013-06-22 00:03

    Take the load off the pin you want to inspect, remove the snap ring of whatever is holding the pin, and hammer it out. Maybe 1/2", then you can see if the pin has a groove worn in it. My experience is the pin wears more than the bushing.

  2. #2Bobf2013-06-23 22:19

    Hey Trisr, I am migrating my way into Panama and starting to search for a Deere 310 backhoe or equiv. I'm getting my lot ready to start building and I am tired of trying to hire in reliable backhoe work at a reasonable rate, when I want it, where I want it. I don't want to bother the forum with side ****-chat on Panama. Can we connect outside of the forum? If you say you are 1.5 hours away from servicing (PCity), we are probably pretty close. Maybe we can meet for a coffee (or cerveza ). Bob