Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie GS 2668 RT Power to Panels

Aegishjalmur111 ยท 2020-05-14 18:09

I apologize if this is the wrong forum - I didn't see one specific to scissor lifts so this seemed closest. I have a 2006 GS 2668 RT, and I'm having a problem where all of a sudden, I went to use it and I'm not getting power to either of the control panels. I checked the battery and all obvious wires, and nothing. The only thing I can think is that it rained, and rain could have gotten into the upper control panel. Using a trouble light, I'm not getting any power to the upper panel at all. I checked fuses, breakers, etc... If I move one of the connectors on the Emergency Stop 1 relay to the center, the lower control panel comes up with a ECU fault 02, or something along those lines. This usually refers to a disconnect between the upper and lower control panels, which is obviously the case since I'm not getting power to the upper panel, but I should still be getting power at the lower panel without jumping that relay.. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies15
  1. #1skata2020-05-15 23:23

    Did you check the upper control cable connection? It's just under the deck. How about removing the bottom panel on the upper control to verify all wires are connected.

  2. #2Txhayseed2020-06-12 17:56

    I usually find communication errors are due to a bad control cable from the platform control box the the ground controls. Been smashed in the stack, burned with a hot electrode some one kicked down and the list goes on and on. I usually always start by ohming out the cable wire by wire. Power runs up to the platform control box first. Passes through the platform e stop and card then back down to the ground controls. No power making it up to or back down results in no power to the lower controls.

  3. #3Gage zimmerman2022-11-27 16:26

    Hey did you ever find out what your problem was? I'm having the exact same issue and would appreciate some insight. Thanks

  4. #4skata2022-11-27 16:49

    No power anywhere? Start with the basics. Check all plugs, estops, key position, battery, breaker.

  5. #5Gage zimmerman2022-11-27 17:07

    I've checked all those already if I jump the e stop 1 relay the lower board comes on and says 02 ECU platform fault

  6. #6skata2022-11-28 02:06

    Sounds like loss of connection with the platform control. You inspect the wiring? Connector just under the platform? Open up the platform control to see anything wrong? You can download manuals from genies web site.

  7. #7Gage zimmerman2022-11-28 06:37

    Yeah I've inspected that plug up top and not I've got the platform controller plugged in to the lower harness still nothing

  8. #8skata2022-11-28 09:26

    Check the estop switch in the controller? You open up the controller?

  9. #9Gage zimmerman2022-11-28 09:28

    Yeah I opened it up I have no power at the e stop on the controller

  10. #10skata2022-11-28 12:37

    I'd think it's A wiring issue. Can you check continuity of each conductor on the cord on the controller? There's like 5 or 6 wires to check.

  11. #11Gage zimmerman2022-11-28 12:40

    I'll try to I don't think it's a issue Iin the harness as I have no power down low in the harness either. Could it be the ecm?

  12. #12skata2022-11-28 12:48

    Do you have power at the key? Fuse ok? Then power goes to estop, then to platform. Where are you losing power?

  13. #13skata2022-11-30 22:45

    Any luck?

  14. #14Gage zimmerman2022-11-30 22:52

    No I haven't had any luck yet I think it may be the ignition switch could that be?

  15. #15skata2022-11-30 23:56

    Is there power at the key switch? Can you jumper it to bypass it?