Hello, We have a 1999 S-85 Genie Lift Serial Number S80-1567 Electrical Schematic Number ES85D First problem is; Will only drive at a really slow pace. I have checked what I think is the fast/slow valve block next to the battery, engine side. The solenoid is getting battery voltage when flat mode is selected, I have checked the solenoid it is energising and I have also swapped the hydraulic spool with the brake one and it’s still the same. (I know my second problem could cause this first problem if the limit switch isnt being triggered but I have removed the wire from P6 of the HPL board and it’s still the same, I am going to remove pin 10 and put it to pin 1 to establish if the board is faulty but in my mind if there was a fault with the limit switch or the board it wouldn’t power up the solenoid) Second Problem; The primary boom ram for the boom extension is creeping out, so when you retract the boom all the way in it slowly creeps back out what only seems a few inches. I have checked and swapped what I think is the directional valve(on-top of the manifold block) and it is still the same. I have also removed the electrical connections from the solenoid and it is still creeping out. If you switch the machine off just after retracting the boom it still creeps out for 10/20 seconds. If any one could help it would be greatly appreciated Thanks
Ok I have sorted the problem with the slow speed. It is the HPL board that is faulty just onto the ram creeping out now.
There could be air in that cylinder system. Counterbalance valve not holding. Dump valve is sticking, in the main DCV, HPL board might be fine, it may just getting signal from limit switches that you’re either extended boom to far, or your upper structure swinged out past limit. There’s a cam ring on the bottom of the turret, and limit switch. When you swing passed they certain point, it’ll slow you down to creep. Also check your charge pressure filter, it’s behind the drive pump
Yeah I took off pin 6 of the HPL board and still driving slow, put pin 10 onto pin one and it drives fast. We are organising an other board just now. Where is the counterbalance valve? I have just swapped the pipes from the up down to the extend retract ports and vice versa. The extend retract is now operating from the boom up down(testing purposes only) it is still creeping out so the problem is after the manifold.
Should be block right on the cylinder base. It was many years, but I think you should see it from the back, where boom pivot pin is.
Both service and parts manuals are free on the Genie website. I would start with O-rings on CB valve.
Hold on a minute, I remember two of them were in the main manifold. Let me check.
No counterbalance valves are not in the main manifold, there’s also an accumulator in the circuit, and two cylinders with two sequence valves in between them.
So the valve on the back at the pivot pin it looks like two pressure relief valves is that the counter balance valve. I’ve looked through the manuals for information about the CB valve and can’t find much going to keep looking
As far as I remember - yes.
Yeah. That parts manual that I have doesn’t show cylinders innards also
Do you think the sequence valve between them could cause this? It is only the main cylinder that is extending. I might start by changing the 2 cb spool valves completely if not I think we will need to remove the cylinder.
I didn’t have time to look up your serial number. On the newer ones I thought there’s only one cylinder, but there’s cable/pulley/shelve system.
Pretty much shure that 1567 should be included
Yeah this has 2 cylinders for the extend/retract. It’s strange only one book creeps out so far and then slows down and stops. Yeah that is the correct manual I spoke to genie today but they told me phone support isn't supported because the machines over 10 years old and he pointed me in the direction of the manual.
Rod head of primary extension cylinder.
Secondary cylinder might be bypassing. Or sequence valve not working. Hook up the gauge to main pressure gallery, and see if pressure drops when it gets to second stage, or goes up To relieve pressure. Your relief pressure is 2300 psi. Unless someone messed with it.
Thank you very much. Once you extend or retract the boom let go of the control it then starts to extend for 4 or 5 seconds maybe 2 1/2 inches. It’s as if it’s just the remaining pressure somewhere bypassing and causing it to extend. Could it be one of the CB valves check valve bypassing?
I will check with a gauge tommorrow