Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie Z45/25 Perkins Head gasket

John Sarappa · 2025-01-28 08:36

Good morning,I have a Genie Z-45/25 man lift with the Perkins 104-22 moto. I have bubbles in the expansion tank while running. I also have a little oil in radiator. No coolant in crankcas. No overheating. I figure it’s probably a head gasket. Any chance it’s something else? This motor seems to be widely used in Cat and other applications. When I googled parts the model 404C keeps coming up? Any recommendations on a good aftermarket source of gaskets? Thanks serial #Z4525-18190

Replies8
  1. #1TVA2025-01-28 09:11

    Oil in coolant is oil cooler leak. When you replace it, add Cascade dishwasher soap, non foaming to the cooling system. And your bubbles might just disappear on their own. Or not.

  2. #2John Sarappa2025-01-28 09:28

    I don’t think it has an oil cooler.

  3. #3TVA2025-01-28 09:45

    Looks like it does. Donut looking thing under oil filter, with two coolant hoses going to it.

  4. #4John Sarappa2025-01-28 10:36

    Nothing

  5. #5John Sarappa2025-01-28 10:38

    Nothing

  6. #6TVA2025-01-28 10:44

    like that shiny thing, below the filter. I know not all the engines come With those.

  7. #7TVA2025-01-28 10:45

    Yeah. Looks like it doesn’t

  8. #8John Sarappa2025-01-29 05:33

    Looks like head gasket, at least I hope that’s the worst case scenario.Any reputable online places to buy parts?