Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie Z45 stalling

Hartlyboiy ยท 2025-01-27 16:12

My Genie Z45 manlift runs on propane but recently I've been having a problem with it stalling after it warms up a little. Let it sit for a while [30min] and she'll fire back up and run fine until it warms up again. I don't see any choke adjustment or fuel knob I can experiment with but before I call out a lift mechanic I figured I'd ask this forum if this is a familiar problem with an easy fix. {Well, I can dream}. I'm also going to try another fuel suppler but I saw no problem the last couple of months on the current fuel -of course, it was warmer.

Replies3
  1. #1OFF2025-01-27 21:37

    Sounds like maybe the propane system is freezing up. Is there good coolant flow through the converter?

  2. #2TVA2025-01-27 22:34

    Check coolant level, those evaporators gets ufreezed with hot coolant. Maybe someone pulled thermostat out of it.

  3. #356wrench2025-01-28 10:31

    The evaporator could be gummed up with wax inside