I have a z60/34. It's about a 2008. It will only travel in one direction. If I move forward it is all fine. Steers good. All functions work. If I try to travel in reverse. Holding the alarm switch. It will beep as it is going to move. Then the beep stops and it won't travel either direction nor will it steer. If I shut the engine down and restart the steering and the forward travel will work again. I have replaced the joystick but problem still exists. Any help would be much appreciated.
Does your machine have the ACL500 computer board at the platform?
I'm not sure. How do I find out.
Would I look in the control box. Is it tagged ACL500
It's a printed circuit board mounted typically on the back panel of the inside of the upper control box. Looks like this. > https://www.fridayparts.com/alc500-...m=4587712277253196&utm_content=SSC-高单价-240723
Ok I will have to look tomorrow. Are u thinking it might be burnt out
No, don't jump that far ahead just yet. First we have to know if your machine has one, then we'll see if we can noodle it out.
Ok great. I will get back to u. Thanks
I don't see anything that says ACL500. The only number I see that might indicate what it is would be 81542
It doesn't say ACL500 anywhere on that board, but that's what it is. Do you have that board like I posted in the link above?
It's not exactly the same. This is my board
That's an ALC500, just the early version of it. I'm not really familiar with that one, have worked more with the later versions, but I'm guessing they work similar. There's a row of LED lights across the top of the board. Open your control box lid and hold it open. Power up the machine and start it. You should see the status LED lights at the far left light up and stay lit. Depress the foot pedal and work a function that is working properly on your machine, like boom up, while holding the lid open and watching the LED lights. You should see an LED light up for boom up function. No operate boom down, you should see that LED light up. Now your familiar with what to look for. Now work your drive, operate the drive direction that you know works, you should see that LED light up. Now work the drive direction that's giving you trouble, see if the LED lights up, and also see if the alarm sounds at that moment. If the alarm sound you should see the Fault and Status LED's light up on the far left and start blinking. If that happens the board will suspend function operations. If the Fault and Status LED lights are blinking that's fault codes. Go to the Genie website and download the service manual for your machine serial number. That service manual has information on those fault codes and how to calibrate the joystick controllers.
Ok. I am familiar with those lights and yes I have seen the fault light go on. II will download the manual and c what it says. Thanks agIn
Ok so I did what u said. I believe I have a error source 53. The condition says 2 things. Limited speed and direction frozen at zero and neutral. Alarm sounds indicating fault. And also says. Normal function except threshold for one or both directions is zero. I'm not sure what they mean by threshold. In solution it says calibrate valve threshold. I'm not sure where to go from here.
Threshold is the point where a function begins to react as you move the joystick off of center null. The manual should have all the steps to walk you through calibration of the joystick including calibrating threshold.
I have calibrated joist. But will have to read further about threshold
Yeah, it's a bit of a process, you may have to go through it a couple of times until you get it. But if the drive joystick still doesn't co-operate after calibration, I wager the boom/swing joystick controller is a dual axis controller as well. If it is, swap them, as your boom and swing is operating properly. Yes, I know you replaced the drive controller, but it could be faulty, **** happens. Hooking up a controller that you know works, boom/swing, to the drive connector, and then calibrate, if it still doesn't operate properly you're probably looking at a faulty ACL500 circuit board. And that sucks as those things are a bit expensive.