Hey guys I’m new here. I recently bought a new project. It’s an old Jlg lift 27-32 and I cannot find any info on this piece of equipment. I called Jlg to see if I could get a repair manual for it and they couldn’t even find that model number. Any info you guys have on this model would be greatly appreciated. I really could use an electrical and hydraulic digram. Currently I have it in the shop with the engine tore down and off to the machine shop. Thanks
Here’s a pic before I squeezed it into the shop
I believe that is a 27n (narrow,6'x6' footprint). A little newer than mine. There is not a lot of info out there on them. Most of the problems seem to be in the joystick controls. Diagrams would be similar to a 40 of that era, you just don't have the 3rd boom section.
This place might be able to help...can't load pic
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I’m not finding a lot of info at all. I have order a repair manual for a 40F so hopefully things are similar. I’m planing on rewinding the lift the wiring could use some attention.
What ki d of info do you need? I used to have one. Biggest problems are joysticks, and dry armature solenoid valves. You can’t find parts for those. Everything else is pretty much straight forward.
A few places lame they have manual for it, but it’s $140.
What I’m really needing is a wiring diagram. I order a service manual for a 40f. I’m hoping that will get me close since there the same machines just another section of boom on the 40f.
Parts manual usually contains hydraulic and wiring diagrams at the end. It is true for Genie, JLG and Snorkel. I think Skytrak/Skyjack is the same way, even pre JLG ones.
Aerial Specialists Inc 262-632-0123, I have orderd parts in the past. Also if you have not seen it yet check out "The jlg40f boom lift dilemma" half way down this page. On page 2 there are some diagrams and 89 more pages of good info. Member OFF is a huge help.
Do a search here on HEF for JLG 40F, there's a lot of information and knowledgeable guys on some of the threads.
Thanks for the info guys I’ll definitely look into it. I finally got the service manual in for a 40f. A lot of it looks familiar to my 27-32 but believe the wiring might have changed. May just have to draw out my own wiring digram before I tear into rewiring it.
That wiring is not that complicated. Just annoying to do “wire pull”, especially with everything covered in oil and grime.
I checked the archives and found that I do have an operation & maintenance with parts manual for a Model 27 that has wire schematics in it. Since I have the original I should have an electronic copy, somewhere. I only have 3-400 equipment manuals but I will continue to search and let you know what I find.
Ok that would be great! thank you
@RustyH on the last page of this thread 40F there are links to 40F manuals and pictures of a 27N. I believe, as long as you match a drawing to your controller type, the wiring should be the same. The 27 and the 40 were the same machine, the 27 was just missing one boom section. From looking at your picture, I would say you have Cutler/Hamer controllers.