Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

getting ready to buy JD 310se turbo 4×4 ..should I?

Rodney ยท 2009-05-19 23:06

3000 hrs clean hope to put pic of it on here on Wed. Clean machine 4n1 4wd. Original asking 24500 but now down to 18500 , I had offered 17,000 prior to him coming down to the $18500.00 Is 17,000 still too much for this machine. Having a pro look at it for me Wed. Hope to give you guys more info on Wed. Thanks Rodney:

Replies14
  1. #1Preppypyro2009-05-20 00:06

    Up here I would jump on a machine like that for that price. They still sell pretty well up here, not sure what its like in your area.

  2. #2CatTractorDerek2009-05-20 07:39

    2003 CATERPILLAR 420D BACKHOE LOADERS Hrs: 4,190 Retail: $37,000 USD Serial #: FDP10185 Catalog #: 728753 Location: RIVERSIDE, California, United States Features: BUCKET, GP; BUCKET, REAR; COUPLER; OROPS; STICK, EXTENDED; 4-WHEEL DRIVE;

  3. #3Rodney2009-05-20 13:43

    1999 JD 310 se 4x4 4n1 3000 hrs what ya think? asking 18,500

  4. #4Turbo218352009-05-20 14:48

    Looks to be in good shape. I spent a lot of time on D series Deere backhoes. Great machines, never let us down, last forever. Offer them 17,500 and see if they bite.

  5. #5stumpjumper832009-05-20 15:48

    From what I can tell 18.5 is a fair price for that machine, especially with the 4n1. Are any other rear buckets offered? Tires look nice, if the mechanic gives it a clean bill of health, I'd take it. Of course if you can get it at 17.5 do it, but dont wait too long. Might have to give 22 - 25 for the next one that comes along.

  6. #6Dig-UP2009-05-20 16:31

    It does not have the Extend-a-hoe... Is the machine equipped for a hammer/tamper? Looks like a nice machine.

  7. #7Rodney2009-05-20 21:03

    thanks guys Hey guys, wanted to let you know you have been a big help in what I have felt all along. Mechanic said all looked good. Did notice that the 3 pins at the 4n1 bucket may have needed grease , overall he was real pleased . I plan to offer 17, 500 and see if he will deliver ...30 minutes. Again, living in the USA with people I don't even know willing to take your time to help me...glad to be an American!Rodney:usa

  8. #8LT-x72009-05-21 16:40

    Looks like a great deal to me. But honestly I'd be lost without an extenda-hoe. Just depends on what you plan to use it for I guess.

  9. #9JS580SL2009-05-24 23:59

    I'd jump on it, good deal. No cab and e-hoe stinks but I'm sure its a bit warmer in the winter were u are.Deeres are excellent backhoes. Deere and Case best 2.

  10. #10Duke2009-05-25 21:17

    I'd ask yourself if you think you'll need an E-hoe real hard. That's a lifesaver for me. Before I bought my LB115, I passed up on a Terex 860 with 4/1 bucket, full cab & AC, E- hoe and wainroy swiveling coupler 4,000 hours for $18,000. It also came wih extra buckets. IMO, you would be getting a decent deal at 17,500, but there's better deals out there. You pay extra $$ for Deere machinery because of the name.

  11. #11JS580SL2009-05-25 23:09

    You might pay more for a Deere but well worth every penny in the long run especially if the machine is going to work daily and hard. E-hoe is worth the weight in gold, I wouldnt go with out it but everyones different. Regardless I think that 310SE is a nice machine and at a good price.

  12. #12CascadeScaper2009-05-26 13:44

    That hoe is worth mid 20's out here, I'd jump on it for that price even without e-hoe.

  13. #13Rodney2009-05-26 13:44

    I waited too long! Oh well guys, I called the guy today and he said he sold it Sat for 20,000. I am going to try not to be too disappointed , I hope I don't regret passing it up. Maybe there will be a better deal to come my way in the future. Thanks Guys. Rodney:Banghead

  14. #14Duke2009-05-26 21:27

    $20,000 was too much. I'm seeing good name cab machines with E-hoes going for that. I gaurantee you you'll find a better deal. Keep an eye on machinery trader, equipment trader, etc. and don't be afraid to buy from someone 1,000 miles or more away to get exactly what you want. I think Deere makes a great machine, but don't rule out Case or New Holland. Even Terex & JCB. These are all very good machines. I started out looking for a Deere (swore I'd buy Deere this time) and couldn't find one I liked at the right price. There were some things I disliked about older Deeres. Lack of power and lack of gauges I disliked, otherwise they're excellent. I ended up with a NH. Only time will tell if I did the right thing. Good Luck.