I want to start my own trucking business transporting trailers from other companies possibly. What do I need to know?
There's lots of them doing it, same basic paper work as any OTR. You will need tonnage, and a bond plus a prorated plate to run 48, Dot number, the works. If you can't find a trailer to shuttle you need lateral movement to stay busy.
There’s that, but first you need a Pete 359 with twin sticks, a good CB handle and a cup holder. Then, hit the road until the money is all gone.
Why do you want to start a trucking business?
From my take on it these days you need 2 million stop trying when your at 1 million
A man can turn two million into one million pretty easily trucking . . .
James Petro 2, Hopefully, you don’t listen to us cynics and you make your dreams come true, pulling skateboards across the country. Eating truckstop chicken fried steak and listening to XM radio. I’ll be looking for you. My CB handle is “White Bread Thunder”. That’s cause my lyrics are not suitable for those eighteen and under. Amiright? I’m a tanker yanker. Be on the lookout for the Inlet Energy Red, K-Dub in my avatar. That’s ol’e 601. She’s a helluva rig. I’ll be pulling 11,000 gallons of meth, diesel or whatever. I’ll be hogging the slow lane taking my time. But, if they b$tch, I unhitch. I’m ten-ten on the side. Catch you on the flip-flop.
Knew a guy years ago, on the side of the hood it said {From Riches to Rags}.
"How do you make a small fortune in racing? Start with a big one"
Spend your first paycheck on some million gigga-watt moose lamps. Don’t want to smack a moose.
If you buy the right bumper you can just drive right through the moose after you spot them with your lights . . .
Actually those bumpers are a joke in some cases. The company installed allot of Herd stainless, worthless latches, even a small deer will fold one and still get the plastic. The trouble with the one on that Pete above is the energy is transferred right through to the original mounts for bumper-and can/will break the mounting flanges from the frame horns plus fold back into grille.
A risk management person at Carlile Transportation told me they spend about 1 million a year on moose strike damage. Mostly in Canada. They tested moose grills and compared the damage to non-moose grill equipped trucks and the expense was higher with moose grills. Like you said, Truck Shop. The owner-ops sometimes get lucky and can save a few bucks with moose grills, but it’s a numbers game.
Need a real bumper to take on moose.
Why yes, of course. That will definitely work.
I've never seen a aluminum bumper work, steel yes, but aluminum was like hitting it as you didn't have it.
The big aluminum contraptions are fairly popular in my area. My OCD would drive me crazy trying to keep that thing polished. Lol
If you ever need a tow some of the aluminum bumpers don't allow you to use tow pins and the bumpers are too flimsy to hook to. Seen it a few times on Highway thru Hell. Blocking the highway and a PIA to get the truck moved out of the way.
You forgot to mention the 8 inch pipes, drop visor, low ride seat and a handfull of 'bullhauler toothpicks' ....... Oh and all the chicken lights!!!!
Please refer to me by my new CB handle in this thread ...........Home Slice.
That's the new look for excavators and CTL's, if it's dumb do it.
The big question enquiring minds will want to know-{Is Home Slice buttered on both sides}?
I'll have to ask my woman. I'll report back