Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ghel 803

southernman13 · 2021-12-21 15:38

I know it’s actually a WN. It’s an 08 I believe. I remember reading something that the older WN’s weren’t up to par with the newer versions. I can’t find the thread now lol. Anyway anyone have experience with these older models such as this ghel 803. Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1Glen Bell2021-12-24 17:30

    I have a WN 38Z3, 2012 vintage I believe. Similar if not exact machine. Done lots of work with it, not a problem ever so far except the pneumatic cylinder that holds armrest/control lockout up. Replaced that, back in business. My only complaint is lack of legroom but you get that with zero tail swing I guess. I'm sure newer and shinier has more bells and whistles but also more opportunity to be down with a hard to diagnose electronic issue. Mines been great, starts beautifully, runs reliable, plenty of strength for its size, pulls nice behind my 1 ton. No complaints, what more can I tell you? Would I sell it to spend 60K + on a new one? Not a chance...