looking for so help on my ghel ctl 60. Just replaced the lines on the final drive on both sides out. Cracked the line to get air out and have steady flow no air bubbles. But I can not get the skid loader to move forward or backwards but the bucket will go up and down and dump just fine. Wanted to if there are any other places to check and remove the trapped air. Machine worked just fine before the lines started to leak. Low hour machine only has 1600 hours. Looked online but could not find any help. Any help would be greatly appreciated
On my skid steer it says to turn the engine over 5 or 6 times for 20 to 30 seconds without starting to prime the hydrostat after component replacement. Let the starter cool for a few minutes between attempts. I replaced a drive motor and had the machine up on blocks. I moved the controls very slightly forward and reverse gradually increasing the movement when I finally started it. Started off at idle. I think putting it on blocks will make it easier on the drives when priming the hydrostat. I think there's probably a charge pump for the hydrostat as well. Not sure what kind of parking brake you have but make sure it's off.
Ok thanks. I have it up on blocks. Will give it a try. thanks for the suggestions
I agree with Welder Dave. It makes it easier for air to work through the system if it is up on blocks and not trying to power the tracks. Don't know if that is all your problem is but I would definitely try that.
Had similar issues on my old skid steer after I opened up the drive lines. Bucket worked fine but no travel. In my case, it wasn’t air in the lines. I think the hydrostat just wasn’t primed yet. I put the machine up on blocks and cranked the engine a few times without fully starting it. Then started at idle and barely moved the controls forward and back. Took a few minutes but it slowly came back. Also maybe double check the charge pump and make sure the parking brake is fully released. Sometimes it’s the simple stuff.
That is pretty much the exact same thing I said in post 2. Are you a bot?
If it doesn't want to go, could try bleeding the output of the charge pump if it has one that Dave mentioned above , cause if it is air locked hard to make anything else go . Simon C
Ok thanks will give it a try