Hey there! My husband’s birthday is next month. He has been running equipment personally and professionally (military) for 55+ years. Have loads of equipment, tools and gadgets around the farm but the newest piece is an old Cat 215C. Getting new rollers, filters, fluids, maintenance and then will be back in service. I bought a tactical storage pouch that lays flat in a 20” circle for his birthday next month. What are some items to put in the bag that he could leave in the cab for immediate use while out in the pastures? Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help! Sujo
A farm guy might like a fan to put in the cab, like you see in a truck. Does it have glass? some window cleaner. If it does not have a whisk broom get him one to kick the dirt out the door.
Maybe a nice size die cast model of one of his favorite machines, something that can sit on a shelf or some spot in the living room.
No No glass ATM, tempered and some mesh in the works for a mulching blade Whisk broom♥️
The only way he wants to see a machine is under him!!!!!
Think Alabama farm boy….up at 5 in overalls bush hogging when we are at the farm! I should have mentioned this is a reconditioned ‘89 model. We did not roll into the dealership and stroke a check for a new one.
that have not made the 215 for a very long time, no confusion about that
More proof of just the farmer’s wife!
How about an insulated tumbler.. like the Yeti cups.?? I got mine at Ace Hardware for 20.00 and bought a handle for it too.. it keeps ice for 24hrs in the heat.. How about a cup holder.?? If u go to a boat store, u can get one on a gimbal.. it moves left and right without spilling.. If he smokes, how about a cigarette lighter that’ll mount in the dash.?? Drill a hole and hook up a 12v power source.. beats the hellouta trying to light a bic when the wind is blowing.. Hope it helps..
Cup holder…..brilliant!!!!
A seat cover?
I'm going to step out on a limb and figure that that thing has a really bad seat. A seat cover at minimum, if not have the cushion replaced at a good upholstery shop. I find if I can just get the bottom cushion nice that's all I need on an excavator.
The seat is toast. He is already on it. $2k from Cat $238 after market (though likely NOT memory foam.)
So he has lots of tools but what kind of set would he need to have on hand in the cab at all times? That would be a nice thing to load in the tactical pouch.
Once the birthday passes will definitely send him this way. He can drive just about anything, loves the big boy toys and a generally great guy! Was an army engineer along with spending his entire life on a farm. You guys will like him
I've had much better luck getting seats done by upholstery shop. It won't be $238, it won't be $2,000, but it's going to be somewhere in between with really good upholstery and good custom cushion. It will last him forever.
For tools, I would get a Milwaukee powered grease gun, an assortment of grease fittings, A little socket set for changing out those grease fittings. Get a lock-n-lube fitting for the grease gun. Those are the bomb diddy.
I 2nd the lock-n-lube if he doesn't have one already.
He does not! Awesome advice gentleman, I so appreciate your help. Gonna do a Milwaukee setup with a cup holder as well.
Grease gun has been mentioned, if you're putting a mulch head on it a sharp folding knife, small bolt cutters and Channel Lock pliers are in order for when you snag something unexpected, and you will. The knife will handle rope and vines, the bolt cutters and pliers fence wire.
Yep, I have a Milwaukee grease gun with a Lock'n'lube on it and they are both great. I have a wire type gimballed cupholder from Bass Pro Shops in my 215c, it works real good. Just like this except mine is metal: https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-swivel-cup-holder Of course mine is 20 yrs old, so...
Thanks! Y’all are making this easy…. Our GC told me a grease gun is something that once you have it you wonder how you did without it. We have all types of machines of all ages. The husband says sometimes all it takes is a broken bolt to turn a 15 minute fix into a three day job!
For tools in the field, pliers,vice grips, crescent wrench, a couple of screw drivers, and a hammer can fix alot of stuff. If you want to really make it authentic throw in a roll of duct tape and bailing wire.