Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gillig Phantom 95-97ish

Frankhaddad ยท 2019-02-06 15:47

A bus converted into motor home, 50 series Detroit, pieced together from different busses, Variable hydraulic fan runs at full speed, checked with local dealer, not a lot of help. Currently have 24v to fan solenoid and grounded at pin 908 at the engine ECU. I may be missing a component as I can not find any schematics. Any info would be great!

Replies3
  1. #1RZucker2019-02-06 21:33

    Shouldn't that fan control solenoid be controlled by a PWM signal? "pieced together" tells me you may have some real problems to sort out.

  2. #2Frankhaddad2019-02-07 09:50

    When I say pieced together, they are all original components from another unit, customer transformed this bus into a motor home, everything else is working fine, was told by one person that was an employee of a Detriot dealer that the PWM is controlled by the ground pin on the EECU. Looking for a schematic on this part of the control system.

  3. #3Frankhaddad2019-02-07 14:53

    I guess at this point, I am just looking for info on the Sauer Danfoss valve, where the PWM wire is attached? Two wires to valve, two wires for power and ground, last is for a signal. I have all the Detroit and Allison books, nothing shows vehicle wiring. Looking for someone that knows where to pull the PWM signal from.