So I jacked up my Gehl 4835 skid steer and checked the wheel movement which was good, and ran it at high speed forward and reverse while lifted and no jerky motion then I let it back down to ground, lifted the cab to see what was jerking.it appears if I increase the accelarator, the jerk is really bad, and what I see appears to be the entire engine vibrating, like it's not secure, it looks loose in its place,,,,,,,I can see the two main motor mounts and the thru bolts are there with a big bumper or shock absorbing type washer on the top of frame, and one bumper washer below the frame, however there is a considerable space or gap underneath the hanger where the lower big bumper washer sits on both mounts. almost like the motor is not tight up to the frame mount, Maybe it's this way to absorb constant shock, but maybe the top bumper washer and botton bumper washer should be ratcheted down so there is no space, hence no chance for the engine to move back and forth, Can anyone advise me on this issue.
Acts like a bad motor mount. Make sure the rubber hasn't broken loose from the metal. Pry up on the engine in the area of the mount. Also there might be 3 other mounts to in the engine support system, make sure you check all of them . Also check the other end for a bad pully or idler bearing gone south...
I will look into the bad pulley and idler bearing in my book to see where they are located..As far as the rubber mounts, they are where they should be and don't show wear or rubbing, just the bottom one has space like the motor could come up some.......I beleive my Gehl has two motor mounts at the back and the third one is at the very front of the transmission which is attached and ahead of th motor itself,,I sure appreciate the advise given, Thank you
When you referred to a bad pulley or idler...... Do you mean in the wheel drive area , is that the idler assembly you mean, there would be a right front and back and a left front and back?? Is there a bearing in that assembly? And I can't see the pulley you spoke of?? Is this also in the wheel drives on both sides
I was refering to the drive belts for alternater and ac pump, fan end of the engine it doesn't take much to vibrate the engine
I will look there, but as mentioned, when I had it lifted, and the power up full and put the wheels in forward, reverse and 1 side forward 1 backwards, I had no engine movement or no sign of jerkyness......So it would appear that the jerky thing happens when the movement or load is being transferred from engine to wheels??? Very mystified.....I also don't think I have an alternator or AC pump which is belt driven, as I don't have any belts near the back end or the fan end