Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

gmc c7000 gear box leak

pro94lt1 ยท 2014-01-23 20:45

Alright boys a lot of you seem to have a wealth of knowledge so help me on my gear box leak. It's a c7000 with a non metric gear box that's leaking where the steering shaft goes in... I've got 3 of these, ones leaking ones seeping and one looks good...Are these gear box leaks fixable? Looks like I may be able to pull the shaft pull the old seal and drive an new one in?

Replies4
  1. #1ValleyFirewood2014-01-24 00:30

    The one on my truck was leaking a bit. I put in a bottle of Lucas stop leak and it fixed it.

  2. #2Dualie2014-01-24 02:51

    power steering stop leak is one of the few elixers that i have ever had luck with

  3. #3Old Doug2014-01-24 09:41

    I will look at one so i can remember how but i know it has 2 seals. One that you see is a dust seal then under that one there is a snap ring that holds the presser seal and that one is hard to get out. The seal kits that i bought had a picture of the parts that is in the ps box.

  4. #4pro94lt12014-01-24 09:54

    Ok I actually have had good luck with Lucas and added but haven't got but about an hour run time on the unit...