Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Good deal on 320 E or keep looking

mxsledder ยท 2016-06-07 14:06

I'm looking to add a 320 sized excavator to work next to my 349. I found a 2013 320 el with a coupler and thumb.. 700 hours and mint condition in the $160k range. Is this a good deal or should I look at another brand? New or slightly used is what I'm looking for.

Replies10
  1. #1mxsledder2016-06-12 02:32

    Any opinions at all? Thanks

  2. #2fast_st2016-06-12 06:15

    I'm not that familiar with Cat but a good long browse through RB auctions and machinery trader should let you know if your price is good.

  3. #3CM19952016-06-12 10:13

    3 years ago when I was pricing a new 320EL the out the door price was just over $200K.

  4. #4mxsledder2016-06-12 13:47

    That's some great feedback! Much appreciated. I haven't ran any of the newer 200's lately other than a cat 323 F. Is cat a good choice in this class? Speed is very important to me.

  5. #5CM19952016-06-12 14:39

    I think Cat is a good choice but I am biased..

  6. #6lantraxco2016-06-12 15:11

    The C6.6 engine, is that a Perkapillar, Catabishi, or what?

  7. #7CM19952016-06-12 17:30

    The 6.4 in my 321DL is a Catabishi. I've had good luck with the Catabishi engines.

  8. #8mxsledder2016-06-12 17:53

    I know the motor in the 323 F is a Perkins but I'm not sure about the 320 F. I have a friend that says the Deere 210 g machines are a little bit quicker than the Cat. Has anyone ran the newer 210 Deere?

  9. #9lantraxco2016-06-12 17:55

    Found it, Perkins...

  10. #10walkerv2016-06-13 08:53

    We have a 320el here at the landfill its a tier3 engine has been really good so far I have never had a problem with it yet other then the boom lights dont work for some reason it has about 4000 hrs on it so far and came out of a Cat rental fleet . It has good travel speed . only down fall we have is it is a little small to load the a40d and a40 we have unless you can get it up on a cut to give you some height,but we only use it for that when the 330cl is down