Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Good Gooseneck Dump Trailer?

Dodge07around ยท 2009-12-29 21:45

I was wondering what everyone out there is using for a gooseneck dump trailer? Brand, etc. I think i'd like something rated for at least 7 ton if not more and with tall sides on it as well. I recently rented one and was not impressed, I cant remember which brand it was but it barely lifted 4 yards of dirt and it was a bumper pull so I for sure want a gooseneck!! Any suggestions? If you got one maybe include some pics. Thanks a bunch!

Replies1
  1. #1thejdman042009-12-30 21:00

    Go with either a baker built trailer (my first choice) or a Big lug trailer. Heres a picture of my dump. Its a pj trailer. Total junk. The trailer is a 06 and the paint is already wore off. When I first got it the pin that connects the ram to the trailer (to raise it) broke and wenth through the floor of the trailer. My trailer has alko axles, the axle seals kept leaking when I first bought it. Come to find out the axle was 7 thousands of an inch too small (machined wrong) and the only solution was to put a larger seal in that side of that axle. I have only used the trailer to haul firewood and the floor looks like a washboard, not enough stringers and too thin of metal. Youll pay 3-4k more for a baker built or big lug but it is worth it.