I am using my day to clean the outside painted parts of the house as is time, algae was taking over and as such I used a little harsher cleaner than most. Not the point but where my mind started from: The day is progressing as I get MY work done in groups and herds, carpenter, electrician, mechanic, farm chores and add ons/repairs. Generally all us on here get so much more done in a hour than many can get in a day. Today not withstanding, I washed down the entire deck structure in less than hour and half, With a brush and bucket not a pressure washer, took the wife the better part of three hours to wash one door frame on Sunday, not any cleaner, not any better but uses it like a sign of accomplishment. She also did "Laundry" or as I note, sits on her butt on the couch while the machines run so "She does not miss the buzzer". Beginning to think our illustrious politicians are more in tune to their 'Feminine' side as they work almost as hard to vocalize and to emphasize they are working so hard while doing absolutely NOTHING.
My wife is so honest. I was away today working hard touring the Caterpillar plant in Maple Grove, MN. watching pavers, asphalt reclamation machines, and rollers being made, forced to eat a nice dinner and then had to drive all the way home. I got in the house exhausted, ready for my recliner, and she said, "I was lazy today honey and never did a thing. Can you make supper?" Lucky she was happy with a 12" pepperoni pizza from the grandsons hockey fundraiser.
Work ethic used to be part of the fabric of our society. What changed it? I'll tell you. Teevee. How often does teevee promote people who work hard or ridicule the lazy? How many hard working heroes are there on teevee?
bleach and water sprayed on the algea will kill it and make the green go away in a day or 2, no scrubbing needed...im divorced so problem solved with any wife issues....lol
gotta say, I love my wife and she is my saving grace. She don't "Work" but, no matter how long im gone, how dirty I am, when i come home i know im fed and the homesteads cared for. I made a deal with my wife when we got married..... i do the heavy lifting, she does the thinking, been working perfect so far. Im kinda old school i guess , wife keeps the home, I keep the bills payed, but it works good an my wife is my Angel and i love her more every day............hope you all find the same
We live rural, lots of gravel and loose cultivated soil or dry dusty harvests. Dust adheres to the structures, algae gets a pretty good hold while aiding the dirt to stay stuck so wash time is pretty much a necessity. And I love my dear little better half, she just gets into a lazy streak that needs a little jolt of reality every so often. Been together 35 years now.
I'm just gonna hire a maid. May cost the same as a wife but at least when you fire the maid she can't take half your stuff with her lol.
Was wondering how the new home was coming together . My wife gets on the kick that we are all equal in the married world . I agree totally .... " you gals got liberated back in the 1970's " Why are you asking me to unstop the toilet ? Now that we are all equal ......... Jump in there honey & go after that clog ! LOL
I agree . That's what I like about Don is he don't give a rat's ass . He just go's on with it taking insults & giving them back two fold from all the " Swampsters " That's progress in the swamp .
When you figure them out let me know. After 31 years, apparently, I still don't know what I'm talking about, according to her and my kids any way. It's all good though, it could always be worse.