Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gradall Telehandlers

TFPace ยท 2012-03-14 20:03

I have rented Gradall telehandlers in the past and had great service. A 534 is coming up for sale in my area and I am curious as to when Gradall exited this market. Or did they sale that division to a competitor? Thanks, Tom

Replies3
  1. #1icestationzebra2012-03-14 21:18

    Gradall telehandlers were last owned by JLG but they discontinued them in Oct 2009. They were always kind of a niche machine and there wasn't much in common with the other JLG/Sky Trak/Lull machines. ISZ

  2. #2barklee2012-03-14 21:35

    They are a nice machine. Pretty bullet proof and they are still fairly easy to get parts for. Only bad part is the rear steer (at least for me). If you dont mind that they are a very good choice.

  3. #3willie592012-03-14 21:48

    They are still owned by JLG. Although it's no longer produced by JLG, parts support continues. And I agree with other comments, they're tough as nails. The rear only steer takes some getting used to, but they actually turn tighter than 4 wheel steer in my opinion.