Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

grantham excavating work thread

312King ยท 2013-11-30 19:22

Been on this site a while here some pic of my work . Thanks for looking

Replies65
  1. #1312King2013-11-30 19:25

    More pic

  2. #2312King2013-11-30 19:28

    Creek restoration

  3. #3312King2013-11-30 19:32

    More pics

  4. #4ddigger2013-12-01 11:30

    Nice looking work, thanks for sharing.

  5. #5CM19952013-12-01 14:55

    No doubt, that's nice work. Give us a little background on that creek project. Also that's some nice looking topsoil, deep too.

  6. #6JS580SL2013-12-01 18:03

    Nice work

  7. #7Landclearer2013-12-01 18:15

    Nice to see people taking pride in there work! Chris

  8. #8powerjoke2013-12-01 19:14

    Damn nice ! :usa Pj

  9. #9390eric2013-12-01 20:27

    Very nice work! That foundation you dug is beautiful, straight smooth walls. I like that.

  10. #10DigDug2013-12-02 20:15

    Damn nice looking work. Something you don't see very often .

  11. #11245dlc2013-12-02 20:20

    Looks like some nice hard dirt to work in and perfect basement corners something you don't see a lot of these days.

  12. #12dirty4fun2013-12-03 04:52

    Very nice looking basement digging job. Glad I didn't post the last one I did, it was a mess. I tore the house down first then removed the concrete basement, it was pure sand and the new basement only used about 2/3 of the original basement.

  13. #13RCTech92013-12-03 19:49

    Nice work!

  14. #14312King2013-12-03 19:50

    Thanks for all the kind words guys,. My dad always taught me to extreme amount of pride inour work. Cm1995 thar job was for the for the hundred your flood plain they had us widen the creek and make a gully area for the water to sit. Job was fun but fought the elements hard Started another house today got the lot stripped then Mother nature came in

  15. #15312King2013-12-03 19:57

    Heres some pics of our trucks and equpment

  16. #16RCTech92013-12-03 21:00

    Nice trucks! In the third pic is that F550?

  17. #17312King2013-12-03 21:03

    Yes f550 4x4 we bought it from a friend had been hit inthe drivers door popped a new door and painted have like 8k in the whole truck including the box

  18. #18RCTech92013-12-03 22:17

    I bet that is nice to have.

  19. #19nedly052013-12-04 05:32

    Very nice work. Nice clean trucks and equipment too :thumbsup do you have any pics of the mack?

  20. #20312King2013-12-04 21:31

    Started a new house today faught the rain but put a dent in it

  21. #21blowerman2013-12-04 21:40

    Nice work, thanks for posting

  22. #22glenlunberg2013-12-04 22:07

    Good work and good trucks. Do you have more pictures on your work? Anyway, thanks for sharing!

  23. #23312King2013-12-05 18:02

    Finshed up today

  24. #24312King2013-12-05 18:04

    Finshed up

  25. #25312King2013-12-05 18:08

    More finshe pics

  26. #26312King2013-12-05 18:12

    On to the next one

  27. #27RCTech92013-12-05 18:28

    Nice pictures. how do you like your 312?

  28. #28RCTech92014-03-03 21:53

    Any new pictures?

  29. #29312King2014-03-03 22:02

    Couple pics will have some more tomorrow. Wrecked a house last week but we didn't get any pics had OSHA at the job so kept it low key. Tearing down a house tomorrow will Getty back on my pic game. Hers a water service we fixed was grossed soild for 100 ft had to hot jet the ice out.

  30. #30312King2014-03-04 20:24

    Tore a house down today that a child molester use to live. Park district bought it to get it gone and erase the bad memories. Gotta rip the foundation out now.

  31. #31RCTech92014-03-04 21:47

    Nice work! Do you wish you had a thumb?

  32. #32312King2014-03-04 21:52

    No haha. I think thumbs are combersome and hard on machines. MY PERSONAL OPINION. Not trying to start a pissing match. We've been doing it fit so long and can do just a nice as Job as a guy with a thumb. Only thing I've thought about was a clam claw bit again So used to the way we do it

  33. #33312King2014-03-07 17:11

    Finished up (for now) rough graded with the excavator be back onceit settles to top soil

  34. #34312King2014-03-07 17:20

    Dug alittle garage today have to digg the garage before so the can pour it once we digg the house foundation won't be able to get concrete trucks back their.

  35. #35RCTech92014-03-08 00:54

    Nice work! How deep did you dig down?

  36. #36312King2014-03-11 19:07

    Started a water service today. Had to digg down to the main. They said it was only 4.5ft in the ground turned out to be 7. , didn't bring a trench box but lucky the ground is hard good virgin clay. Got the directional bore machine coming in the mooring to bore the service under the street

  37. #37RCTech92014-03-11 19:13

    I can see that on that job a thumb could get in the way!

  38. #38245dlc2014-03-12 00:11

    I wholeheartedly agree when I first started operating I thought they were great but I too find them a pain in the rear it's much nicer to have something that can be detached easily with a minimum of labour and time.

  39. #39312King2014-03-16 19:37

    Finished the water the next day dam city made up fill 6" of clear stone around the fitting then fill it up with 6ft of concrete dumbest thing I've ever saw

  40. #40JNB2014-03-16 19:42

    Well.....they did save on having to do all of that pesky compaction.

  41. #41ScottAR2014-03-16 19:57

    God help em if they ever have to do anything to that section of pipe again.

  42. #42CM19952014-03-16 19:59

    You beat me too it.

  43. #43Truck 5052014-03-16 21:05

    When you say concrete do you mean LSM or some other type of digable concrete like lean fill or do you mean something like class C concrete.

  44. #44312King2014-03-19 19:30

    Started and finished a new house today. Didn't turned out how o would have like had allot of bad grind that seemed to be hard but then started to cave in had to shore up the west side with plywood and angle iron.

  45. #45312King2014-03-19 19:33

    9.5 , cut for anyone wondering with a 3ft bench all the way around

  46. #46312King2014-03-19 20:01

    Look on page 3 for more pics if this hole

  47. #47CM19952014-03-19 20:24

    I am not familiar with the term "bad grind"? Nice work, that's a very clean excavation.

  48. #48312King2014-03-19 20:35

    Ground* lol sorry really need to spell check but did this off my phone

  49. #49CM19952014-03-19 20:42

    Looks like you had some asphalt and base to dig through among other things, just didn't know if there was something else.

  50. #50dirthog282014-03-20 22:07

    Brett will chime in, but I believe that's frozen black topsoil not asphalt.

  51. #51CM19952014-03-21 06:45

    Post #46, pic 2. Is that not asphalt and base under the chain link fence?

  52. #52dirthog282014-03-21 17:55

    My bad cm I didn't look at the pics that close and see the rock. On my phone it looks like I seen a little snow in the background and just assume it was frozen topsoil, but I believe your right.

  53. #53dirty4fun2014-03-21 21:15

    That black stuff might be the grind he had mentioned. He he

  54. #54Fastdirt2014-03-21 22:45

    Great looking excavations you've posted. Really clean and straight. I really like the finish that bucket does with style and amount of teeth. I've never used a bucket like that before but it sure does a good job.

  55. #55312King2014-03-22 23:28

    Thanks fastdirt man i really appreciate the words follow you're thread and really enjoy your work as well. Both of us have 312s and louisville ford six Wheelers haha. Ill post done more pics of the bucket. Those are esco teeth off a 160. Its a cat bucket but i hated the spacing on the cat teeth so far apart. So i called the radio dealer ordered shanks and teeth took it to my welder bud and had him changed it over. Its a 48" bucket fyi

  56. #56312King2014-03-22 23:30

    Forgot to quote ya lol

  57. #57312King2014-03-23 18:07

    Took down this Barn on Friday. my best friend bought this old farm insurance company wouldn't cover the house till the barn was down. Saved some of it like beams and the walls but it was pretty dilapidated. Made from pine mostly over a 100 years old. Borrowed my friend 300 to take it down. I didn't hey many pics only ones i have are the ones I've taken off some peoples Facebook.. Taken foundation out Tommorow

  58. #58CM19952014-03-23 19:29

    Nice demo. Those old timbers can bring big $$ to the right people. Are you taking down the silo too?

  59. #59RCTech92014-03-23 22:25

    Nice pictures, its too bad that barn had to go. I imagine back in the day it was pretty nice.

  60. #60RCTech92014-04-10 00:59

    Any new pictures?

  61. #61312King2014-04-18 09:11

    Been super busy haven't had much time time to takes pics. Hers a new I've started late last night will finish this today and ill upload bunch of more pics

  62. #62RCTech92014-10-22 19:15

    any new pictures?

  63. #63312King2014-10-28 01:12

    Been really busy gets 2 houses I dug from this summer. Have tons if pics I'll upload soon if you have Instagram add me granthamexcavating

  64. #64Landclearer2014-10-28 05:54

    Some real nice looking foundations! Keep the pics coming.

  65. #65RCTech92014-10-28 20:34

    nice pics on your instagram. im greenpower9510.