has anyone used lucas grease at all is it worth the money
That is a good question, I hope someone can tell us. Aloha. Kalai
I have used other Lucas products with no complaints most is higher quaility
Post the datasheet for the grease or at least a link to it.
Lucas extra HD grease http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?iid=37&catid=14&loc=show
A lot depends on what you actually plan on using it to lubricate. Looking at the spec sheet it's a 400kg 4-ball weld point & 14.5 cSt base oil viscosity. Not much better than a good quality EP2 chassis grease (generally around 315kg and the same viscosity). Data sheet suggests it's good for high-speed bearing applications, that would indicate to me that it's not likely to perform well under slow speed high load applications. I've never used it personally but reading the spec sheet if it is sold as a premium grease (with a corresponding premium price) by the manufacturer I'd find it hard to justify buying it purely using the spec sheet as a guide. However what it looks like on paper and what it performs like in practice could be two completely different things. Again it would depend what I was considering using it for.
i would have thought it depends what you need it for ,???hp or lp,ht,et etc
Well I've never used actual lucas oil... But I am a firm believer in the lucas injector cleaner/fuel conditioner and the oil stabilizer
rockinacummins, I agree with you on the Lucas injector cleaner. It does save on fuel mileage, but after calculating mileage and cost it's about break even for me. Break even is good with the lubrication benefits. Also, I really like the red and tacky tube grease. I service construction equipment for several companies and at the next service interval, usually 2-6months depending on use, all of the grease zerks take grease again and you can still see the grease. Even though the men on the jobsite are "supposed" to lube the machines in between services.