Hello together... and first greetings from Germany! I´ve bougt an 1979 CASE 580 F (European Version), this powerfull Machine works very fine, but i have an understanding trouble. How can i separate the backhoe arm from the rest of the Machine, is there any manual in the web? Especially the separation of the hydraulic hoses seems tricky to me. best regards CASE580FUser
Do you happen to have a picture ? I once removed a backhoe from an 1979 580 B which was in those days just a case tractor with a backhoe attached. If your hoe is similar I may be able to give a little advice.
Hi Billrog... here are some pictures... On the one hand you can see the distribution of the hydraulics, on the other hand the suspension of the excavator arm. I currently do not determine whether it is the hose couplings to Quick couplings is. I do not feel like disassembling half the backhoe. In principle, it should not be a problem to set down the excavator arm, props down, move the arm to the back and set it down - then loosen the bolts and nuts and you're done Greetings.
I can see it right now, but the first photo should be turned 90 degrees to the right.
One very important thing to do is when you take the hydraulic supply line off the hoe do not under any circumstance start the hoe until it's hooked to the return line or you'll blow up your pump. When I took mine of I was told that. I spent 2 days trying to drive out a pin also tried a hydraulic jack and ended up burning it out with a torch is was rusted in so bad.
I honestly can't remember exactly what my machine looked like but it appears there was a difference. Hopefully some one with more knowledge than me will give you some advice.
Welcome to the HEF forums Case580Fuser. I did a simpel search in the forums for 580F. There are quite few threads about them. Here is an example ----> HeavyEquipmentForums I can't answer your question, but you will find that it is very similar to the North American 580D and 580C. The most noticeable is the F models outriggers that slide out compared to the NA that swing down.