Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grove RT58D Hoist

trum ยท 2016-03-22 13:50

Main Hoist just started slipping? under heavy load, Not really slipping as the load doesn't drop the drum just stops turning also there's oil on the HYD.motor side of the drum. Any Ideas? load was around 15K.

Replies3
  1. #1Knepptune2016-03-22 17:07

    15k seems way high for a single part line. How many line parts did you have. I would think to smoothly lift 15k with that you'd probably want a 3 part line. 2 may pick it but I bet it would be jerky.

  2. #2Knepptune2016-03-22 17:19

    Ye 8400 max single line pull. Wouldn't surprise me if it stalled out even with two part line.

  3. #3trum2016-03-23 13:40

    Running 6 parts of line LMI was good for 25k. I found the problem the operator had 2 blocked a little while before and the lockout valve didn't return dumping most of the pressure.