Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

opinions on best mobile all terrain cranes

trombeur ยท 2016-03-23 04:51

hello, sorry if I ask for your opinion, if you have to acquire a new mobile cranes, crawler or rubber, which brand and model you would take, what in your opinion is currently the best brand and model of crane in your view according to your needs and experiences ? (Grove, link belt, liebbherr, Terex or another brand?) Thanks to those who will want to provide experiences and opinions about this issue, greetings to the next

Replies7
  1. #1OFF2016-03-23 12:09

    Everybody around here has gone to Tadano cranes. The operators and the mechanics love them. http://tadanoamerica.com/product_types/rough-terrain-cranes/

  2. #2td25c2016-03-23 22:13

    For my need's a new Grove GMK 3050 would fit in fine . http://www.manitowoccranes.com/en/cranes/grove/grove-products/all-terrain/GMK3050-1 I really like the " All - Terrain " rigs the best as they do pretty good off road and move themselves on road . We keep it pretty simple for the most part . If ground conditions don't favor the TM 250 truck rig we send a dozer or skid loader ahead to smooth it out when needed .

  3. #3trombeur2016-03-24 03:51

    better lattice boom or telescopic boom? between the crawler which would you recommend? lle loaders are more suitable for the work they excavating type with bucket to move boulders, right? We were looking for a crane to raise more than 30 tonnes and less than one hundred tons and is compact in size, and is in accordance to the applicable laws relating to work rigger and industrial rental

  4. #4alskdjfhg2016-03-24 09:10

    No crane expert at all, so if someone that actually know what they are talking about needs to correct this please do so. I believe lattice booms have a little better load chart (lighter booms) but will require lots more effort to move around. I'd think a crawler would have the best off roading abilities, but again be the most expensive to move from job to job. What I find interesting is that it seems the load charts (at least for those Tadanos) is that they start at 5', on the old truck crane I'm playing with, and a couple others I've seen, it starts at 12'. Why the change?

  5. #5td25c2016-03-24 20:29

    The old school cranes were rated like that with the idea the load would arrive on a flatbed truck or trailer . Load chart started 4 feet outside the out riggers . Good idea ! Then around the mid 1970's crane manufactures started rating at the outrigger , then later inside the outrigger spread . Long story short .......My opinion is rating inside the outrigger spread makes a given machine sound bigger than it is . What the heck are you going to pick at 5' ? Really ?

  6. #6Knepptune2016-03-24 22:00

    I really think the best brand depends on the dealer in area. Honestly I think they all make good cranes. I like grove because their main parts warehouse is two hours away. Regular shipping I have the parts the next day and if I'm in a serious pinch I can send someone to the warehouse and have the part that day.

  7. #7trombeur2016-03-25 04:34

    thanks for the advice, then you must watch the load diagram tipping factor ela reach, telescopic boom in my opinion is more practical tadano is built by kobelco group?