Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hanomag D600 D Powershift transmission pressure

tommurphy73 ยท 2020-09-04 16:06

Hi, I have a problem with the power shift transmission where the clutches in the transmission are slipping. I am measuring the powershift transmission pressure at the test port over the batteries. The pressure on the port drops momentarily when changing gears from 1 to 2 to 3. However the maximum pressure that I am measuring is approx 60psi across all gears when the engine is revved. What pressure should I be reading at this port. Is there any way to adjust this pressure or is the pump faulty. If anyone has a manual for this dozer. It would be much appreciated. Regards Tom

Replies1
  1. #1tommurphy732020-09-07 04:37

    OK, Some further testing done. Measured the pressure at the outlet of the pump and measured 150ps. Measured again at the test port and got 50psi. Removed the oil filter and the pressure out of the pump dropped to around 60psi, raising a bit when engine revved but nothing much. From this is looks like there is a big leak somewhere internal to the transmission. The filter was not new but was no means blocked so the large drop across the filter indicates that there was a lot of oil flow. Could not really identify any pressure relief valves on the either the pump or transmission so it looks like the only option is to pull it out and open up. Has anyone a diagram of any Hanomag bulldozer or loader as I think that they are probably all fairly similar. Regards Tom