Hi guys, As getting a summer job and starting my career in construction as an laborer/operator, i got an hard hat.I would like to know if anybody here have a source for Free hard hat sticker or that have hard hat sticker to give for free (or a possibility of exchange.) Thanks everybody. Regards, Equipment Fan
I don't know if I would do that... Some old timer might find out you have a sticker you didn't "earn" by working that job and then you are done - they'll all ride you all summer.:tong Might be better just to "keep it real"
Depends on the sticker but as the special tool said, if you turn up with a shiny dome covered in stickers you got off the net or elsewhere you are not going to earn site creed. However a couple of little ones that have little to do with construction like a football team or your favorite make of car should be cool. The reason there are stickers on the dome is so people know who is experienced and who needs to be kept an eye on, without having to ask each other all time about skill levels. My advice is be honest and you will get honesty in return, try and be a smart ass and you'll get treated like that. Instead of worrying about stickers you should concentrate on getting to know the people on site and how they fit together. Carry a little notebook and pen so you can write stuff down that you are likely to forget. A foreperson is only going to accept so many excuses for stuff ups. Also a small tape measure can be handy if you need to measure things, for instance you might be asked to get 20 5inch x 3/4 bolts. With experience you can tell the size without measuring and don't rely on what it says on the box. Anyway best of luck and keep it safe.
I have worked on jobs where younger workers had decals & stickers on there hard hat's.I guess I am behind times not knowing that a sticker or decal on a hard hat meant something.
Unfortunately i lost mine old hard hat. Had around 30+ stickers all from different construction company safety meetings, Job credits, different certs that i had, Earned every one of them. It was almost like loosing a page in my life's story. point is i earned ever sticker and scratch on that dome cover. if you show up on site with one all stickered up and don't know your azz from a hole in the ground your going to need the brain bucket from all the lumps your going to take.
Too true. earning the stickers is part of it anymore. First day i ever worked construction for anybody other than family the only thing that was on my hard hat was written in black sharpie "clueless but willing to listen and learn" I caught a lot of crap for a week but did listen and learned. then I went and joined the Marines and that is a story not safe for a polite place like this.
Oooh that sucks, perhaps 'wear in' a couple so you don't have to start off in a shiny again. Maybe some green hand stole it to look the part Also another thing to have on you is a pocket knife, preferably a two blade job, one is sharp and the other is a rough cutter, I also used to have a small shifter/crescent wrench in the pocket but these days keep a tool box in the ute.
what company are you working for out there??
having never done the hardhat sticker thing, i have some questions....are they meant to be like merit badges for a cub scount? like battle/theater ribbons worn on a soldiers uniform? i take it by the posts, that they intentionally make it mean and hard on somebody just because he has the wrong sticker on his hardhat? i'd say have that young person show you buy their ambition and capabilities instead of worrying what is stuck to their hard hat. never know, might learn something from the young un's.
I've never done the sticker thing either, but I'm thinking they're along the same lines as travel stickers on suitcases. (Which is probably a dated concept--younger members, you can google it if you don't know what I'm taliking about. http://images.google.com/images?gbv=2&hl=en&um=1&sa=1&q=suitcase+travel+stickers&btnG=Search+Images&aq=f&oq= ) To put a bunch of stickers on your suitcase to try and appear to be well-travelled, if you really weren't, would seem to be intentionally misleading...
NO stickers at all on my white hat,just our company logo on the front and my name on back. The only stickers on our hard hats are our company logo. NOW PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS IS MY OPINION!!!! .....I think hard hats all littered up with stickers look very unprofessional....JUST MY OPINION
I have a lot of stickers on my hard hat, some are brand names of equipment, but a lot are where the general contractors make us have one on our hard hats to prove we have went through orientation.
Ours were for the most part safety certifications and what our qualifications were as equipment. Helpfull when you have two or three companies subbed out in three different directions helping each other out (on one particular mess of a job) and are helpfull transferring into another crew or division within the company. Most of the stickers we had were not something you could just go and buy either.
YA I think if we did work jobs that had certain requirements like that the stickers would be a quick way to identify ones credentials
I like stickers :tong .
the only sticker I have on mine is a Cat logo and that came on the hard hat I have also heard that they might be outlawing stickers on them , I heard they were going to do that because people were using them to cover up cracks and such
the reason i brought up the cub scout merit badge deal....is face it, in the construction industry, there are FEW young people with the fire in their belly to get out and do what we do daily.....and learn as they go. the ones that do, we REALLY need to take them under our wings and show them all we know. i've seen oldtimers in our trade who feel they're worthy of the "stickers"....when in reality, they're a hack. i've seen so called 20 yr veterans as so called "operators"...who by nothing more than seniority in that venue, intentionally slow jobs down and haven't got a clue what it takes to keep a job running. AND, i've seen 18 yr olds, that can diaper babies with an excavator. my son is 30...he started as a grunt when he was 12 as a top person and everybody barked at him....he's laid pipe...now he runs jobs, and owns majority interest of our company. i know many of you view these stickers as..."this is where i came from"...and i'm sure many of you deserve it, and i know many do not.
very true! mine were more, look what i survived though.
here's to you dayexco :drinkup I'm 26 and I am constantly showing the "more experienced" operators how to run certain pieces of equipment. You should have seen my bossman and the fine grade motorgrader operator when they brought out a new 12M on the jobsite . Who do you think ended up running it?
The American Flag would be a good start. Display what you believe in.
Well over here you have to change your helmet every three years or after a fall, or impact incident, If I recall correctly my present helmet is only 12 months old and has only one induction sticker and mobile phone authorization sticker on it ,and that was after a row because it clearly says on the manufacturers label say not to use adhesives ,solvents or paints on helmets. Stock
Or in Equipment Fan's case the Canadian Flag :canada, never the less the message is still the same.:usa
Check out stickerheads.com .
The safety people around here seem to promote no stickers since as said above the adhesive in the glue breaks down the plastic over time i guess,the funny ironic part is by taking part in that safety course i was given a sticker for my hardhat Mostly see company sickers and stickers from safety or jobsite start up toolbox meetings.
How do you guys get over the politically correct issues looked at the stickers on stickerheads.com and the scantily clad women would be a definite no-no on a site hear. Stock
a hard hat just looks nekkid without stickers.
Love the upside down 139 sticker Mr Q
Yeah, the stickers look great, even if the glue does break down the hardhat, but what's up with the upside down 139? You got something against them?
Negative, nothing against local 139. I know the reason behind the upside down sticker Mr Q sports. I get a kick out of it. Some may know the reason you wear a sticker upside down, same with flying a flag upside down, distress. In Mr Qs case, its just a ball breaking to a good friend of his. :drinkup
I like the hardhats with the wide sun brims on them. Those are the BEST!!
A load chart, nice! I agree, hardhats just look wicked boring without stickers. I wonder if you could argue that the MSA skullgard hardhats, like qballs, would be fair game for stickers since they aren't made of plastic. As mentioned, I've heard that story before, no stickers due to the adhesive breaking the material down. But, I wonder if you could argue that fiberglass won't break down with stickers on them? Oh well, I have a good 'ol MSA v-gard full brim that I throw stickers on, yet to hear anyone complain to me about it.
the 139 sticker upside down is a good matured jab at terry macgowan, the president of 139 and a biker buddy of mine. the the rigging capacity sticker was given to me bu a guy running for business manager of ironworkers local 1. very handy. this is my third msa hat. one was stolen, one was left on the toobox on the back of my service truck. i love them and won't wear any others.
Next time around, I'll be getting a Skullgard. Been happy with the ratchet system MSA provides, but I like Fibremetal hardhats as well.
Hmm you guys stateside ave some nicer scull caps than we do ,some of what are available are downright uncomfortable and pure cheap,which is why I alway supply my own. http://www.productionequipment.ie/Gallery.aspx?CatID=384&CatName=Helmets[/U]