I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to run the new Dash 3 Zaxis excavators? If you have, tell me what you think about them. Thanks, ZAXIS:usa
Zx450lc-3 we just sold our 235c and EX330 and bought a new 450. I havent had the chance to really get good seat time cuz were all laid off right now. all i got the chance to do so far was pull it off of the trailer and change buckets. It seemed quite a bit smoother than our ZX330-1 and or ZX450-1 just doing that. So hopefully in a few weeks ill have a few pics and some more good news about the -3's
Thanks, those would be great to see. I would like to get a 350-3 in the near future, i've only sat in one, but didn't get to run it. ZAXIS
the company i work for has 3 zx 450s 1 is a -1 the other are -3s they are nothing alike. the -3 has more power to the boom but no much for travel power and not much swing power. but it is a VERY nice machine to run. but personaly i would not but it i think i would get a cat 345d.
Ive ran my mentors ZX210LC-3 and i was really unimpressed! The machine doesnt seem to have to guts to push through anything.....i have also run a ZX180LC-3 for about 10mins and was quite impressed. Joe
I rented a ZX210W for a month. Machine was sweet. So much better than my Cat M322C. The John Deere wheeled excavator is nice to. I might be phasing everything out for John Deere.
Perhaps there is a mechanical fault on the one i ran but there shouldnt be considering its only done 700 hours Joe
zaxis, drove thru jonesboro today, came from the north, am currently in memphis staying in the heartbreak hotel on my way to my daughter's in florida. man, you must have ahd some rain there, water standing all over farmer's fields there.
Welcome to the Southland! Sorry I'm not responding sooner, have been under the weather most of the week! Hope you enjoyed Memphis-It's a wonderful place to visit. We are super wet here. Just had a snow and then rain and storms-A typical muddy winter here. At least we can work in the muck when most regions are frozen-It just gets a little old and makes me wish for summer. Holler back when you are coming back through and maybe we can meet. Safe travels, ZAXIS
must have a huge, high level aquafier there also? the road north of jonesboro was lined with small diesel driven turbine pumps for center pivot irrigation units.? i'm guessing those pivots need 1000 gals per min? do you fight high water tables where you primarily work? how do you dewater there? sandpoints? wells? we've gotten away from sandpoints, have a well driller come in and drill us large 15" casings typically spaced between 30-50' apart, pump them up with submersibles enough to handle the water. we like that because it frees up so much jobsite not having to contend with sandpoint manifolds, all them sandpoint hoses, etc.
Yes we have a great natural resource with the underground aquifer the farmers irrigate and we enjoy our quality drinking water from. Not sure on the gpm usage of those pumps but i'm sure it's close. I am glad to say in Jonesboro we don't have water table problems-have been 30vf deep and none to speak of. South of Jonesboro you don't have to go far to get into high water tables-Trumann, Ar -I have worked there and it is bad, even in the summer. I didn't well-point, I wasn't that deep, but I have seen contractors that have had to. I am going to look at a job in Paragould-North of J-boro, and the depth is going to be over 20vf in some areas and may have to look at deep wells for dewatering. I am not an expert in this area,but have a friend/fellow contractor who is "up to par" with his dw and we will probably bid this together. The majority of the ground is clay and the "ridge" is made of red clay gravel & red clay sand. ZAXIS