Just remembered this a few minutes ago.This past fall i was tracking down the side of a fairly steep hill.I got near the bottom and there was a near vertical drop before the bench I was heading to.The plan was to ramp myself down to the bench,(which I eventually did)As i was approaching this drop off I pushed back on my heals only to realize I can of marking paint I had on the floor had rolled under the feet controls,hell yeah I was in excavator cruise control.luckly I had my wits about me and with in a nano second of realizing that the controls werent moving I jerked the lock out lever up.Another 3-4 feet and the whole ramp myself down plan would have been quickly by-passed and I would have been on my lid.Moral of the story:KEEP YOUR JUNK OFF THE FLOOR OF YOUR MACHINES!
Sounds like that could have turned out pretty bad.....
two souls must think alike. That wierd, I've had the same thing happen before, a bolt rlled under the travel levers while they were pushed back. first thing I did was to pull up on the saftey lever to kill the hydraulics. I was heading straight for a pond when that happen. Took me almost a minute to get the bolt out.
Thats what the tool box is for!!!
Paint can goes in the cup holder now.I dont even leave my gloves on the floor anymore.
my soda can goes in the cup holder
I keep my paint in the truck, could end up with an orange cab. Only tool i bring in the cab is my grease gun, i stick it in the heated 'glovebox' behind the seat. keep your gun and a few tubes of grease back there and it makes for easy greasing at the end of the day. Sometimes i stick a wrench in there for changing the bucket, dont want to get cold hands.
I would take a pictures of the machine the bossman runs, but I'm ashamed to. There is so much **** in the cab that it falls out when you open the door. there are atleast 2-3 dozen cups behind the seat. 2" of dirt on the floor, more tool between the travel levers and the windsheild than there are in my truck. the windows are tinted with a heavy coat of dust and grime. It takes me an 1/2 hour to get it clean enough so that I can run it. I just dig a hole right beside the cab and chunk all the trash into the hole and cover it up Now the machine that I run only has a couple tools in it and maybe a cup or two. and also THE CAB IS CLEAN! I don't like getting dirty from just sitting in a machine
I have had similar incidents like that where something wedges between the floor and a pedal. It is not a good feeling when you can't push the pedal to correct itself. You feel so helpless.
I forgot i also keep a kitchen broom with no handle, small squeege, glass cleaner, and a roll of shop towels behind the seat.
better yet is a can of ether behind the seat.good gheep buzz.