Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hazprints.com is down?

Birken Vogt · 2015-08-03 15:00

I got my hazmat renewal letter and it says to go to www.hazprints.com like I have always done but now the website has been a link farm for the past month or two. What gives?

Replies6
  1. #1kenh2015-08-03 16:13

    Link works for me, using Firefox. OOps, spoke too soon, takes me to "about.com"

  2. #2Birken Vogt2015-08-03 16:43

    First I get the one page then this other one, looks like scams to me

  3. #3Birken Vogt2015-08-10 17:06

    Getting TSA Hazmat Renewed (was: Hazprints.com is down?) OK, this is getting frustrating. I can see several sites willing to take my money but I don't know what is really going to get transmitted to DMV correctly. Of course calling DMV direct is my last resort. I tried calling the 877 number listed on the letter and it is disconnected also. Some web sleuthing gets me to this site https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/ But I have no idea what the difference between HME, TSE Pre ✓, and TWIC® might be. There has to be somebody on here that has gone through this recently....

  4. #4FSERVICE2015-08-10 20:58

    sorry I cant help you.. I had a awful time this last time... its coming up again next year & I don't know if ill keep it or not!!! I had to drive 100 miles to go to their approved place last time to have the prints done!!! you would think that if they are on file you wouldn't have to go thru all this crap AGAIN!!! best to call the BMV tho or go see them in person

  5. #5JDOFMEMI2015-08-15 01:51

    Birken The HME is what you want. It is, I think, Haz Mat Endorsement The TWIC card is for cargo in and out of the port. No truckers can go to the port now without this. TSA Pre check is for frequent flyers to get pre screened to pass through airport security without as much hassle. They all generate money for both the government, and the favored contractors who manage the programs, and make all of the appropriate political donations. By the time I got mine done in the last year, I was so mad I could hardly see straight. Advice to "call the DMV" must be given by someone who has never tried that in the formerly great state of Kalifornia. You have the right website, look for a location near you. Be aware when looking for it that there will be NO signs to help, and a non descript name on an office somewhere. I called in, and they gave me the wrong street address the first time, so I wasted a whole afternoon and still could not find it. Best of luck to you.

  6. #6Birken Vogt2015-08-15 10:43

    Thanks for the help. I found the right TSA website. I had to be very careful because I could find no official redirection from what used to be hazprints.com to the new TSA site and I didn't want to be entering by DL into a scummy site. The letter that came from CA DMV had the wrong website and wrong phone number. When I went to CA DMV web site they still had the incorrect link up there too but the right phone number. However I did not call for fear of waiting for hours. I enrolled, got my appointment, and printed out the page when I was finished. However there was nothing on amount of money or method of payment. I had to dig on the screening company's web site to find a phone number. I waited on hold half an hour until a gravelly voice gal answered and said I will transfer you to another person. I was about to hang up when somebody finally answered and told me 80 dollars and change and a card in your name or some other method of payment I forgot already. I am reasonably confident I will be able to get it done if I can find their office which is an hour and a half away of course, but I am mystified how Billy Bob average truck diver ever manages to get past this hassle since it changes so much each time. You would think they would at least keep the website hazprints.com since it has been that way from the beginning IIRC but I guess the TSA is in constant turmoil....