I just bought a HD 6EP allis chalmers dozer does anyone know if it has dry steering clutches or wet clutches. The serial number is 19882 and I think someone said that if it is 14480 or close to that is the difference between dry steering clutches and wet clutches but I don't know which ones are dry or wet if greater that 14480(approx.) dry clutches or is less than 14480(approx.) dry clutches any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance Tim Perry
wet
Thanks !!!! Thanks Now if I can figure out why the steering brakes are not working properly Anybody have any ideas??
I take it the clutches are disengaging ok. If so we are half way there. Brakes may need adjusting if they are out of travel. Adjuster is hidden under a cover at front of steering clutch compartment. If pedal is firm but doesn,t want to stop tractor. The brake pressure may be low and need adjusting up. But not too much, otherwise it will break a brake band. Steering clutch and brake are fed off same dual section pump. So if steering works, brake should work too.