Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Heat or no heat

Outasite ยท 2015-01-11 21:06

Going to rebuild all front hydraulics on my D3b,borrowed a huge chain wrench with a 5' handle,I weigh 200 and my son 200 we have added a three foot Cheater and the crowns won't budge.There were no set screws.Next step is maybe a little heat,what do you all think.As near as I can figure we have put about 2000 ft lbs of turn with no results.:Banghead

Replies7
  1. #1Scrub Puller2015-01-11 21:36

    Yair . . . Outasite . You are talking a different language (crowns?) but I assume you are trying to dismantle rams? If so I think there is a thread on this where you work the thread area of the cylinder up and down and back and forth with a ball-peen hammer . . . it minutely stretches the metal and sets the fine thread free. Cheers.

  2. #2Delmer2015-01-11 21:44

    HeavyEquipmentForums Exactly as Scrub says, way better than heat.

  3. #3Outasite2015-01-12 11:36

    Thanks for the replys,Scrub,The cat shop manual that i have refers the the cap as the "crown".As it goes on the head end of the cylinder.Quess that kinda makes sience-----Head & crown----Anyhow Ill try slapping that cap up a little, and give her another try.

  4. #4Outasite2015-01-12 13:35

    About 20 medium lashes with a two pounder,and problem solved:notworthy knowledge is a powerful thing!! Thanks guy's

  5. #5Nige2015-01-12 13:39

    Never underestimate the power of the FBH..........

  6. #6lantraxco2015-01-12 16:26

    Amen, lol. Sometime you just gotta get their attention

  7. #7Shimmy12015-01-13 00:39

    I know it as a BFH (same poop, different pile)