Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sayin hello from TN.

bill_tn · 2025-05-11 18:07

Well that title about sums it up. Name is Bill. I manage a shop in TN. It's been a struggle. The prev boss screwed the shop and tryin to rebuild. So expect to see alot of dumb questions. Always happy to trade info and files to help out the next guy. All our old timers but me have retired. Nothin but new blood. Tryin to rebuild the manuals library and do it as much digital as can. The old paper/hard copy collection we have is officially a shyte show. Please be patient and I'll eventually catch on.

Replies7
  1. #1ianjoub2025-05-11 18:21

    Welcome! What part of TN? What sort of shop?

  2. #2CM19952025-05-11 21:11

    Welcome to the Forums Bill! Glad to have you.

  3. #3bill_tn2025-05-29 21:23

    Sorry for the lag in reply. Not intendin to be rude. Actually we repair/maintain everything from small engine to semi's. The new big equipment is a major pita. As everything is steady going to needing computers to talk to it. We work on JD tractors & dozers, Mack trucks, cat heavy equipment, various brand bush hoggs, volvo and other brand excavators, various rollers, Honda rincons, polaris atv & utv, backhoes, front end loaders, the list goes on and on. Located literally on the TN/KY line. At this moment I'm tryin to scout out some decent diagnostic software. I'm leaning towards JALTEST right now. As it's pretty universal. Considerably better than what we were left with.

  4. #4ianjoub2025-05-30 00:20

    I have some property (and plenty of equipment) just off I-75 at the TN / KY border.

  5. #5HarleyHappy2025-05-30 09:35

    I built my retirement home in Buchanan TN. It’s in Paris County TN, 20 minutes from the Kentucky border.

  6. #6treemuncher2025-06-08 20:02

    Ummm, that is Henry County. Paris is the county seat. Paris Landing is actually in Buchanan. Maybe you should stop by and say hi sometime!

  7. #7bill_tn2025-06-11 21:56

    Well back again. Hectic over here. Sadly we aren't looking for business. It's actually a shop on post. Our clientele is pretty much set. But we have a diverse selection of equipment. For example right this very second I'm looking for wire schematics/ shop manuals for a 96 F-800.