I am searching for information and service manuals for a CAT D7 Military crawler with a serail number 76E420, i have not been able to locate a crossover number, I've spoken with the local cat dealer parts manager, and he can't seem to find out anything on it, the dozer was recently purchased by a friend of mine and he asked if i would do some service work on it, i know that the military had their own serial numbers and somewhere theirs a book that crosses their number to a civilian number, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks and have a great day
I imagine you got that number from a plate on the hydraulic tank.? That is the Serial Number of a Hydraulic Control. 76E confirms that it is a military (MI) model, not civilian. Production started in 1965. If you can't find anything on the tractor can you find a Serial Number on the engine.? I suspect that you have a 75E-prefix D7E tractor from around the mid-1960s time frame. For a machine from that era the engine will be the same Serial Number as the tractor. A few photos of the tractor would not go amiss.
Need serial number to determine if early or late equivalent 48Axxxx