Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello From A Newbie

SICKBOY ยท 2007-06-17 11:05

Hello All, I have been lurking on this site for a while just reading some posts and stuff and now finally joined. A little about me is i am a retired career fireman, i worked in a little ghetto city outside of philly for 15 years and took an early out. {80% pension}.. I worked a rotating 48 hr week with 4 days on and 4 off.. so on my days off i worked in construction which i now do fulltime.I am in the STEAMFITTERS LOCAL 420, while employed as a f/f i worked as an operator on a 106' ladder and a 52' squrt [the squrt is an articulating boom that is piped with a 6"main}... I have been around some sort of equipment most of my life because of a family farm in MARYLAND [ALMOST ALL GREEN STUFF} even worked at a J.D DEALER WHEN I WAS A KID... {summer job} but the thing is i never really got a chance to run the equipment full bore except for my f/f days.. I am good at my current job and like it but it's not what i want to do.. i truley want to run equipment i know most anybody can be taught to run but i think a few select actually have the natural knack for it. There was nothing i enjoyed more then when i pulled up to a job and got the stick or main in service and feathered it into a little window or around some power lines without jerking it all over the place and dumping one of my brothers of it..I am really glad i found this site and will continue to post in the hopes that a career change is evidable.. and if not make a few friends and learn more about the stuff i love to watch perform... c/ya :usa

Replies3
  1. #1TRACKHOE712007-06-17 11:51

    welcome to hef! gald to have ya here!:drinkup

  2. #2Countryboy2007-06-17 18:03

    Welcome to HEF SICKBOY! :drinkup

  3. #3SICKBOY2007-06-19 19:26

    Thanks Thanks for the welcome...i'll try to lay off the caps !!!!!!!!!