Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello from the Bay Area

mag6000 ยท 2007-06-21 20:46

Hey folks, New poster here. I'm not a professional EO but I do have a small crawler loader/backhoe that I use around my property. I'm always looking for good info from the pro's. I've also accumulated a pretty good collection of photos of old equipment that I'll post in the old iron section. Hope you enjoy them Randy

Replies6
  1. #1Jeff D.2007-06-21 22:00

    Welcome. Randy, a question. Do you have a small crawler & a loader/backhoe, or a small crawler (trackloader) with a backhoe attached too it? I like any pics but if it's the second, would like to see a pic of that if you have any. I looked at an old trackloader w/backhoe, and although I didn't buy it I thought it could be a very useful piece for use around the property or on a farm.

  2. #2mag60002007-06-21 22:35

    Here ya go Jeff. Now don't laugh, I said it was small. It's an MH6000 built by the Struck Corp. in Wisconson. The engine is a 2 cylinder, 1200cc, air cooled Lombardini diesel. It weighs about 5000 lbs.

  3. #3Jeff D.2007-06-21 22:58

    Oh cool!! I certainly wouldn't laugh at anyone who owned a machine like that. I actually contemplated a lil' dozer like this at one point: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200322417_200322417 Parts availability scared me off though. Every tool has it's place, and for a property owner a machine like you have might fit the bill perfectly. Not everyone needs a D6, nor could ever afford one anyways. It has a good size hoe for a machine that size too.

  4. #4wrenchbender2007-06-21 23:06

    Nice Nicer looking little tractor and can be moved with a pkp and tagalong. That ain't nothing to laugh at it beats my shovel and hoe all to pieces lol

  5. #5Grader4me2007-06-22 05:27

    Welcome to the forum! Nice little all purpose machine you have there.

  6. #6Squizzy246B2007-06-22 05:51

    That machine looks like the Ditch Witch Backhoe, track loader thingy here: