Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hi from Nashville

Pushblock · 2007-06-23 10:22

I've been checking this site for some time and decided to introduce myself. My name is Bruce Foster and I come from a highway building family, hence my interest in heavy equipment. My father's company, Foster Grading Company, built roads in the western PA area from the mid 50s to the mid 90s. I am now a stone masonry contractor in Nashville TN, but heavy equipment is still a major interest of mine. Although my business doesn't require large equipment, I did buy an ASV RC 30 for general dirtmoving and cleanup around my jobsites. One of the best purchases I've ever made! I plan on doing some more posting to this site in the future.

Replies11
  1. #1Lashlander2007-06-23 10:31

    Welcome! :drinkup There's a landscaper around here who has the same machine and he swears by it too.:thumbsup

  2. #2Pushblock2007-06-23 11:17

    Hi Lashlander Its funny that you mention landscaping because I just took on a job doing some stone work for a neighbor who is a landscaper. She wants me to keep my machine around the jobsite after I finish the stone work, and considering that I get $50 per hour for that, I think thats a pretty good deal. I've found that because I can get through 4 foot openings, my RC 30 will be in great demand. Since I've become rather picky about the stone masonry jobs I'm taking on, the income generated by my little loader is much appreciated.

  3. #3wrenchbender2007-06-23 17:45

    Welcome to HEF Pushblock,

  4. #4Countryboy2007-06-24 17:15

    Welcome to HEF Pushblock! :drinkup

  5. #5Trapper2007-07-09 22:45

    Welcome! Best regards, Trapper

  6. #6mandisue2008-12-02 09:53

    Pushblock has passed on Hello. I hate to inform anyone, I am not sure how active Bruce was here, but he died over the weekend. I am his daughter. We know he has the ASV RC 30 but we know nothing about this equipment. I am in Louisiana and he was outside of Nashville. We have to sell it. I dont know what year it is or what it is even. If there is anyone that can assist me or show me pictures of what it is i would really appreciate it. IF anyone is intrested in buying it, please let me know.

  7. #7Polar Bear2008-12-02 12:32

    Welcome to HEF Pushblock hop you will like this forum as must as I do / Polar Bear

  8. #8mandisue2008-12-02 14:09

    PushBlock died this weekend. But I will be needing assistance with some heavy equipment left.

  9. #9Polar Bear2008-12-02 16:45

    Sorry to hear R.I.P my mistake I sult read better befor I post / Polar Bear

  10. #10Steve Frazier2008-12-03 00:04

    Very sorry to hear that mandisue. The ASV RC30 is a small rubber tracked skid steer, on it somewhere should be an identification plate, a small plate with the model number, plus serial number among other information. If you get us the serial number, I'm sure someone can let you know what year it is. Other important information will be the hours on the machine. There should be an hour meter in the cab somewhere. With this info we can check auction results and give you an idea of what the machine might be worth.

  11. #11mandisue2008-12-03 10:36

    Here is what information I do have. I know he has an old Ford Dumptruck that needs a new battery and some brake work. I have no way of getting there anytime soon and the ppl who have it stored want it GONE. There is also a JEEP. Here is what information I do have. Thank you so much. I am just at a loss of what to do with this stuff and we dont want to be taken advantage of since we will have to settle some debts from his estate. 1. • One Jeep - I believe it is an early 1980’s model. It has over 100,000 miles and is not in vintage condition. Bruce had traded the hardtop for a tonneau cover and two doors that don’t match it in color. There has been one serious offer for the Jeep. Unfortunately, the prospective buyer did not have cash at the time to pay for it 2. • One Ford dumptruck: I believe this is a 1994 model. As best as I could make out the odometer read around 4000 miles. I questioned Bruce about this and he stated that the odometer had rolled over. The truck is ‘dead’ at this time according to Bruce. The batteries are either not charged or no longer able to hold a charge. The brakes are not in good shape. The engine is a rebuilt Jasper engine 3. • One trackloader: The appraiser used to work for the company that Bruce bought it from but is now employed with another firm. I believe that he offered a fair verbal appraisal. When new, the trackloader was purchased for around $23,000. (This is Bruce’s recollection – we could not find the sales receipt). The appraiser explained that equipment such as this depreciates at a set rate of 18% in year one, 15% in year two and 12% for each year after. He felt that $12,000 was a fair asking price but cautioned that it is a buyers market. • One tiller attachment for which we did find a sales receipt in the amount of $3945. I have asked for someone to email me the pictures of the stuff so we can figure if we can just rent storage space or what not but really need to get rid of it. We live 12 hours from Nashville and it is very hard to get up there. I wanted to send you a private message but i could not find that option to do that.