Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello from the south

Fe 26 ยท 2011-06-23 03:45

I found this board while looking for photos of old Finning drill tanks. I've always loved machines. So much so I became an electrical engineer. My family has owned and operated several mid sized tractors, commercial and ex-military vehicles. Examples would be old Clark trackers, M37s, M715/M725, CUCVs, M35s, and M221s.

Replies5
  1. #1mitch5042011-06-23 07:15

    Always glad to hear another southern accent. I have been planning to find me an M1008, and if my current site truck gives up, a 5-ton dump.

  2. #2CM19952011-06-23 07:34

    Welcome to the Forums Fe 26!:drinkup

  3. #3BIGcatT8702011-07-03 11:22

    Hello! Im from the south east myself. I have owned several peices of equipment ( Bobcat) in the past just to use around the house. I know have a Bobcat 773 and have just purchased a 2011 T-870 with the forestry cutter. I live near an area where a massive tornado came through in April. Some friends and I have been donating our time and equipment to helping those directly affected that cant afford to pay anyone. I do want to use my equipment in the future to start my own business and I look forward to any and all advice you all have to give. I have a hard time charging people money but at some point I will have no choice. Fuel and repair expenses have eatn away at my savings quickly. Thank you all in advance for any advice.

  4. #4Fe 262011-07-05 06:27

    That is really cool. I sent you an email asking for what area if you don't want to talk about it publicly.

  5. #5willie592011-07-05 19:55

    A big howdy and welcome to the both of y'all.